Post-hair transplantation Worry

I know that I might be a little too impatient but it has been 5 weeks since my surgery of about 928 grafs and I see no progress. My surgery was done by Dr. Thomas A. Law in New York City. I don't know if anyone might have heard of him. So far, the transplanted area is completely bald, which is worse than prior to the operation. Is this normal? Also, I have been taken Propecia and Rogine at this time, would this combination be detrimental to my hair transplantation and my hair regrowth in general? It would be greatly appreciated if some body could give me some useful info regarding to my uncertainties...thank s.

I know that I might be a little too impatient but it has been 5 weeks since my surgery of about 928 grafs and I see no progress. My surgery was done by Dr. Thomas A. Law in New York City. I don't know if anyone might have heard of him. So far, the transplanted area is completely bald, which is worse than prior to the operation. Is this normal? Also, I have been taken Propecia and Rogine at this time, would this combination be detrimental to my hair transplantation and my hair regrowth in general? It would be greatly appreciated if some body could give me some useful info regarding to my uncertainties...thank s.

I wouldn't worry too much. 5 weeks is much to early. I know that it is hard to be patient, but real growth does not really start until 3 to 4 months after the transplant. I went throught the same anxiety.

Sounds like you had some shock loss, but it also may be due to the minox. Be patient. Good things to come.

Maverick; You are not suppose to see any results for around 3-4 months. Definately sounds like you had some shockloss don't even worry about your hair until 6-8 months post op.

Lorenzo

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Maverick...

Like the other two have said...it's way too early for any progress, and sometimes you go a little bit backwards before you can go forward. It's not likely that the propecia and rogaine would have any detrimental affect to your hair status, and if you're comfortable with both, then i'd recommend that you continue using them. They have may have been a positive factor in reducing the amount of shock loss.