TEMPLE POINTS

I just saw two brothers one year apart who both have had their hairlines reconstructed .

They looked like twins and had same shaped head and said their loss was about the same.

They also both went to the same doc and had great results ,but there was something not quite right with one of them.

After talking a little more I asked them about their graft count and the one said he had 2500 in the front and around 300 on the sides.

That was the difference and I got to be honest just that little amount of hair made a dramatic difference

If your in need of temple point work I would seriously consider adding some graft there if possible .If your lacking them it will make your final result so much more natural

I just saw two brothers one year apart who both have had their hairlines reconstructed .

They looked like twins and had same shaped head and said their loss was about the same.

They also both went to the same doc and had great results ,but there was something not quite right with one of them.

After talking a little more I asked them about their graft count and the one said he had 2500 in the front and around 300 on the sides.

That was the difference and I got to be honest just that little amount of hair made a dramatic difference

If your in need of temple point work I would seriously consider adding some graft there if possible .If your lacking them it will make your final result so much more natural

That is good to hear. Seeing brothers with similar results shows the importance when one had better temple angle results.

I am in the same boat, needing temple angles/points re-built. This is vitally important to me for a natural result as I have temporal recession along with the hairline (fun fun!?!).

Do you have pics or are they willing to post them?

Eman

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

Guest Brad Limmer

Temporal points are the final touches added to complete a transplant. You would be suprised at how a few grafts (primarily 1 hair f.u.) can take a good/great transplant and put it over the top.

The only tricky part is locating it in proper relationship to the frontal hairline/temporal recession. For most this is not too difficult, but in someone with an advanced Norwood six care needs to be taken so it does not look out of place. In cases like this I will often leave it to do on a second session, something that most with advance baldness we need to have performed.

This is an area where often less can be better. Temporal points typically have a soft look about them. This is why I typically use singles to do most of the area. Making them extremely dense or using multi hair f.u. often draws unwanted attention.

Thanks for bring this subject to light.

Brad Limmer, M.D.

Major%20Temporal%20Recession%20Male.JPG

viewfile.cfm?files=Major%20Temporal%20Recession%20Maple%20Due%20to%20Traction%20Alopeica%

viewfile.cfm?files=Major%20Temporal%20Repair%20Cancer%20Patient%20with%20Radiation%20alopecial%2EJPG

Here are a couple of temple shots by Dr. Shapiro.

I hope this helps accentuate the point PGP and Dr. Limmer are making.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

DR.Limmer, i heard you before talking about DR. ochs. what do u think of his HT. there no one knows any thing about him in here but i read some of ur comment regarding his HT..pls advise

Good point

Whats even more important is that the doc follows your natural hairline pattern. Some people have a v shaped hairline so the doc should not make it straight and visa versa.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!