Problem / Hernia maybe? Advice please!

Yo,

Getting back into the gym, had a big session - as I lifted some massive dumbells up onto my thighs, getting ready to do an overhead press - I felt a massive stab in my stomach, not really in the groin area, but higher up, on the side.

Bit of discomfort, anywya, worked out regularly for another 2 weeks.

Now, I feel its pressure. And a sharp, stabby pain can be felt sort of in my groin area.

Whats the go? Am I going to die?

But seriously - what does a hernia feel like? Is it possible that this has occured? There is no visual difference, nor are there any lumps.

Could it be I just strained myself? I am rather panicky, and have not worked out for the past 2 weeks because of it.

I am going to see the doc tomorrow - but in the mean time, anyone have any advice / stories of what it could be, and what I could expect?

Regards,

Anon

Anon,

How did you make out at the doctors? It's possible you just pulled a muscle, but I think an evaluation by a doctor is important.

Hopefully you did not get a hernia. I've never had one, but I know people who have, and they aren't pleasant from what I hear.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 months later...

I'm glad to hear you are going to the doctor. I watched a mtv show about cheating and they said at the end of the show the young guy in the show died from a misdiagnosed hernia.

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs