Only half of transplanted grafts will grow

Hi All

I had a comment on my blog that only half of the transplanted grafts actually grow

I had 2886 with Dr Rahal on the 27th of August so I'm very much in the doldrums and not really expecting much until month four, though I can see it starting to firm up.

I'd be grateful for comments from Doctors and patients on this statement, how many of your transplanted grafts do you feel actually came in, and what is the opinion of doctors on this issue.

I still have full confidence to my Doc and it's early days. I still have a lot of hair, but I'd expect a better than 50% yield.

Thanks in advance for the inputs

Pred

PS Bill if this was a FAQ apologies I didn't find it

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=2174&WebID=920

Predator,

Who told you that only half the transplanted hair will grow? I looked on your blog and I can't find a comment to that effect.

If only half the hair grows, I'd consider this a hair transplant failure. But there is no reason why you shouldn't expect high growth yield as high as 95+% which is very common in strip surgery with an elite surgeon like Dr. Rahao.

No apologiies necessary Predator icon_smile.gif

Best wishes,

Bill

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=2205&WebID=920

Hi Bill

Here was the comment from Dan on my "The bad Phase" part of my blog. I'd never heard it before but comments would be of interest

I'd like to hear from guys who feel they did not get their expected yield