What happens if you stop taking Propecia for a week?

Luminal

Hello,

I have been taking Propecia for almost 6 months and my hair has stoppoed falling like before. I remember I used to run my fingers through my hair and I'd find 4-5 big hairs stuck on my fingers. I haven't seen any regrowth yet but I'm still very happy with the results.

However, I'm having some problems renewing my Propecia prescription, I'm looking into buying online or trying to get my dermatologist to move forward the date of my appointment. Either way it may take one or two weeks, so I wanted to find out from this forum, if anybody knows, what would happen if i stop taking Propecia for a week or 2? Would I start losing more hair? Would I have some more shedding again when I restart?

Thanks for your answers,

Luminal

You only received a six month prescription? The maker of Propecia (Merek) as well as most doctors recommend at least a year of use to see results, so I thought? First off, I would personally buy a supply to last me through the transition between suppliers, or start taking what I have left every other day to make it last. Secondly I would make sure the supplier was a trust worthy source with a quality product that could be delivered on time, discreetly. Why are you having difficulty renewing your prescription? A lot of doctors, including mine (dermatologist) just require a phone call from me requesting the renewal and then they call the pharmacy, of my choice, with the OK for another year's worth. I'm not a doctor and could only make a guess (I have missed a dose for a day or two but never by a week or better); I don't think it would cause a great problem but everyone responds differently and any thing is possible. Again I'm not a doctor and this is only a guess and my opinion.

Smiling & laughing does wonders for the soul!