FUE question....

i have a scar on the right side of my head that has left a bald spot with redness of little less than 1 high high and maybe half of inch wide(scar is not from a HT, different surgery). Im already balding really bad on top so probably going to shave my head soon. any ways i was wondering how many grafts do you think i would need to cover about the size of the spot? What generally are the cost of FUE graphs? i was hoping i could do this for under 1000$

thank you

propecia .5mg 7x

revita shampoo 5x

multi vitamin 7x

saw palmetto 7x

i have a scar on the right side of my head that has left a bald spot with redness of little less than 1 high high and maybe half of inch wide(scar is not from a HT, different surgery). Im already balding really bad on top so probably going to shave my head soon. any ways i was wondering how many grafts do you think i would need to cover about the size of the spot? What generally are the cost of FUE graphs? i was hoping i could do this for under 1000$

thank you

propecia .5mg 7x

revita shampoo 5x

multi vitamin 7x

saw palmetto 7x

JW---Your request sounds very reasonable, although the final determination would need to be confirmed by an in-person consult, or on the day of surgery.

At this time, most clinics charge anywhere from 5-14.00 per FUE graft.

A 1 inch X 1/2 inch spot will likely need 100-300 grafts so multiply the math---- Of course, you could opt for 200 grafts in the area, etc..

At SMG we have begun offering FUE into scars (strip or otherwise) at a rate of 5.00 per graft so,

100 grafts X 5.00 = 500.00

200 grafts X 5.00 = 1000.00

300 grafts X 5.00 = 1500.00

Anyway, Dr. Feller also offers a reasonable "lunch-time" fue session as well. Contact a member named Spex for information as to pricing.

Dr. Harris in Colorado is an option as well.

I think a more reasonable cost for this is near 1500--- perhaps you could call for a cancellation, short-notice appointment to help defray costs a bit.

Again, this is without photos of the scar, etc.. so post some pics if you like so we can give you a better estimate.

I hope this helps you out, please feel free to ask as many questions as you need.

Good Luck!

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

thanks so much for the reply, so far the one quote i got from a doc here in socal was 12

$! a little to much just to redo a scar(that was not from a ht surgery)-

is there a link on this site that tells me what docs in socal do fue? i dont want to travel out of state just to get 100-200 graphs done

propecia .5mg 7x

revita shampoo 5x

multi vitamin 7x

saw palmetto 7x

B Spot - thanks for this info on Dr. Shapiro. If one were to get 200 fue grafts into their donor scar, how much of their donor would need to be shaved? I'm just wondering if this could be concealed, or if one would have to shave a significant portion of their donor, thus missing work, social functions, etc...

jw34 - for fue docs in SoCal - possibly Dr. Umar, who has posted quite a bit recently. Not sure what he charges.

JW-- Dr. Umar is in Califoria, and I believe he charges 5.00 per graft for scalp FUE.

I think he might be your best bet for cost/value while staying fairly local.

Please let us know how your search goes and what the analysis, results are.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Ja-man-- 200 grafts isn't much and if your hair is longer normally, they can shave a couple of small sections, extract the grafts, and your hair will naturally cover the section.

Another point to consider is that you will heal relatively quick, and b/c the grafts are going into your donor area, they will likely be undetectable.

Overall, I would say that a 200 graft FUE procedure could be pulled off without any real impact on your lifestyle.

Hope this helps,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

thanks for the replies, i cant believe how hard its been suprisingly hard finding a doc to do this,

i emailed Dr. Umar and was surprised that he told me that there is 4,500$ minimum which i clearly will not have because i only need 200 graphs max!

any other names????????, iv emailed rassman who is 12$.

propecia .5mg 7x

revita shampoo 5x

multi vitamin 7x

saw palmetto 7x

JW- sorry your having such a time, buddy.

I really do not know of anyone else local who will be able to meet all of your criteria & price range.

There isn't much more I can do except to say that 200 grafts at SMG will cost you 1000.00 + a plane ticket+ 1 night at a hotel 100.00 = 1500-1600.00 total.

I think Dr. Feller is 1600-for a 200 graft FUE--"lunchtime" session for comparison.

One of the luxuries we have at SMG is that FUE is an addition to our clinic, and offering it allows for only positive impact on our patients....one of these is no minimum charge or minimum amount of grafts (ie..if you need 20-30 grafts for an eyebrow) and a reasonable price for the procedure.

I have mentioned everyone else I thought would be able to take care of you. Unless I am missing someone, (can happen!) I thought Dr. Umar would really be a good option for you, but many clinics have rules about these sort of things.

Hope everything works out for you!

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

JW-- I took the liberty of sending a PM to Dr. Carman--I think he mentioned he does FUE into scars--if so, we might have the right guy for you.

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

JW-

Jason (aka the B spot) sent me a PM re your situation. (Thank you Jason) I notice that you are in California. It would be ideal to meet with you in person, however, short of that an uploaded photo would be helpful in assessing total graft needs.

Is there a specific reason you prefer FUE method?

A very small strip (less than 2 cm) would yield an adequate # of grafts (assuming the "ballpark" 200 figure is close), and, the cost would be somewhat lower than utilizing the FUE method.

In addition, if indicated, we may be able to do a scar excision as well, and this may further reduce the number of grafts needed.

What was the original scar due to?

Sincerely,

Timothy Carman, MD ABHRS

President, (ABHRS)
ABHRS Board of Directors

thank you all so much for the replies, DR. Carman, i sent you a private message and email.

propecia .5mg 7x

revita shampoo 5x

multi vitamin 7x

saw palmetto 7x