growth on right side

I am a little over 3 months post op and am experiencing much more growth on the right side verses the left side. From other posts on this site I've gathered that this is a common occurrence. Does anyone know why this may be the case? Thanks.

I am a little over 3 months post op and am experiencing much more growth on the right side verses the left side. From other posts on this site I've gathered that this is a common occurrence. Does anyone know why this may be the case? Thanks.

mike,

This is very normal and as you rightfully said, it's quite common. Why one side sometimes grows faster than another, I'm not sure. However, all follicles transplanted are at different parts in their growth cycle and some may take a little longer to come out of catagen (resting).

Remember that seeing any growth at 3 months is a blessing since it's only the beginning stages. You have several more months to go before seeing any real cosmetic difference.

Best wishes,

Bill

You are off to a good start at 3 months. Congratulations. Transplanted hair grows out in an irregular fashion. It follows then that one side might be noticeably fuller than the other as the transplant matures. Also, you probably had one member of the staff placing the right front-area and another member of the staff placing the left frontal area. If you are growing on both sides at month 3, you are in good shape and I trust that things will even out over the next 6-9 months. Enjoy the progress! icon_wink.gif

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

• 6 months later...

i aslo have more growth on right compared to left side at 3 months a big diffrence so must be commen

Dr A. Armani 2500 Fue

Dec 2008

Proscar X1 Day

Monixodil X2 Day

Msm Daily