Nape Hair/Neck Hair - DHT Study!

did anyone come across a study or an article that shows and explains how "nape" hair is affected by DHT? as we all know it would make for an excellent soft hairline. but many of you are suggesting that it would not be advisable because it's more susceptible to DHT, but i must ask who did the study and where did you get your facts from? he said she said doesn't fly all too well with me so if someone can point me in the right direction and shine some light to it, that would be great and much appreciated.

yesterday i talked to my fellow co-worker that is pure NW7 with 100% grey hair and his bushy neck hair (also grey but to a lesser extent) sticks out like a sore thumb.

A doc can prolly chime in w/ an exact study, but empircally I'm pretty convinced that nape hair is indeed susceptible to MPB. That aside, it seems in every doctor's best interest to be all for nape hair....as a more attractive option for people that would help their bottom lines -- that the overwhelming majority of docs who *could* harvest nape, yet don't, makes me particularly cautious.

All that said, I'd still prolly undergo nape-FUE; it's just a matter of risk/reward tolerance, though I don't think either side (particularly one) is cogent and clear enough in defending their stance.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

I'd still prolly undergo nape-FUE

that's what i'm thinking i'll do but i just need to know the source and be certain, but like this i feel i'm still in the dark or better yet "fog".

hey thana i know that you lasered those babies out so you are pretty much screwed icon_wink.gif

thanks for chiming in as your comments are always good and informative!

Haha ya...I've been craving some legit details on nape hair, too...it seems some just totally dismiss it, whereas others do it but don't cite terribly honest and candid info regarding how variable and susceptible it is to MPB.

But even if I knew I was merely "renting" the hair, I'd roll the dice...seems like a good gamble...though, I'd really prefer to know exactly how long I might be renting it for, or if there is some gross disadvantage to doing nape-FUE that we're not fully aware of.

Maybe SMG or Dr. Feller can chime in...or Dr. Umar....

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

If nape hair was suscepticle to MPB, I would still do it IF it had a good growth/yield track record. I definately don't mind "renting" a few hairs for a softer hairline....HOWEVER, I spoke to Dr. Feller a little bit about this, and he was against the idea. Hopefully he can reply in detail and in his own words about it. It looks awesome on paper, and I am still holding out hope on it (because I really want it to be a viable option lol), but am not jumping into anything right now after talking to Dr. Feller. Hoping he reads this thread!