The best option for a Norwood 3-7?

If I were asked what I would recommend to someone with this scale of hairloss I would say:

1. Topical Minoxidil and,

2. Finesteride and,

3. One 'mega' session of strip FU's, followed 8 - 12 months later by,

4. A second 'mega' session of strip FU's, removong the initial scar, followed 8 - 12 months later by,

5. A final session of FUE into the resultant single strip scar.

In my opinion, this is the best option for a person with this scale of hairloss. Obviously the number of grafts taken in each megasession would vary but two sessions would be required for density, no-matter what.

This is what I would do.......what do you think?

Four transplants 1995-2003 total 6,700 grafts. 5% Minoxidil, Finesteride, Avodart, Prostaguard, Nizoral 2%.

My web site with pic's.

If I were asked what I would recommend to someone with this scale of hairloss I would say:

1. Topical Minoxidil and,

2. Finesteride and,

3. One 'mega' session of strip FU's, followed 8 - 12 months later by,

4. A second 'mega' session of strip FU's, removong the initial scar, followed 8 - 12 months later by,

5. A final session of FUE into the resultant single strip scar.

In my opinion, this is the best option for a person with this scale of hairloss. Obviously the number of grafts taken in each megasession would vary but two sessions would be required for density, no-matter what.

This is what I would do.......what do you think?

Four transplants 1995-2003 total 6,700 grafts. 5% Minoxidil, Finesteride, Avodart, Prostaguard, Nizoral 2%.

My web site with pic's.

What would I do? First, I'd ask a doctor's opinion.

Then, I'd work with him to determine how many grafts I'd need and how much donor I had to work with. These numbers in a class 3 patient would be TOTALLY different from those in a class 7.

As for scheduling the second hypothetical surgery, too much would depend on the results of the first procedure to even speculate at this time.

Your scar revision course of action sounds fabulous, in a "best case" scenario. That's what everyone wants, but ...

Finally, why would you insert grafts into the donor scar, via FUE? You'd still be left with FUE scars or bare patches. More importantly, you'd be wasting grafts that will probably be needed for the crown or vertex in the future.

I have had 2 HT's and you cannot insert FUE's into my scar ?? it is far too thin.

I do think your suggestions are reasonable for most guys...but

Case by case..things differ

NW

• 4 weeks later...

i just began...it's 0.5mg a day.

hey whoops, you're using finasteride and avodart?

i'm thinking of using both, but now that i have started avodart two days ago, isn't the finasteride overkill?

just wondering.