Real Results Good Or Bad NO DOCTORS

veryvain

I am 25 years old. I cant remember what stage I am but I look like Bruce Willis in the "The Jackal" Basically I have a high forehead and my temples are pulling back to my ears. I went and got a Bosley consultation in Boston. Wasnt impressed with them and felt more of like a sale. The Dr. wasnt comforting and after finding out that Bosley was bought by a company I felt like I was in a McDonalds. Heres the deal since the consultation I have been reserchaing like crazy (glad i found this site) I would like to hear horror and good stories. Who should I go to and what procedure should I get. I know I am a good candidate and it was recommended I get 900 graphs or whatever it was. I dont want to end up regreting this as I went to this guy Davids site and it was full of people with there horror stories about scarring and because of surgery more hair falling out. Everyone on that site wanted to take it back and couldnt because of scarring. This site is the opposite and I have seen some great results. My hope is restored but I am still worried and would appreciate any advise I can get about what to do and what to look for. As you an tell from my name I am very vain and both thoughts of going bald and a bad transplant make me depressed and sick to my stomach. It is also hard cause my friends who are a year or two older then me all have good hairlines. I really appreciate he help and you guys look good but I wouldnt mind hearing some true unhappy people too. Thanks all. 25 and feeling 45 not good

I am 25 years old. I cant remember what stage I am but I look like Bruce Willis in the "The Jackal" Basically I have a high forehead and my temples are pulling back to my ears. I went and got a Bosley consultation in Boston. Wasnt impressed with them and felt more of like a sale. The Dr. wasnt comforting and after finding out that Bosley was bought by a company I felt like I was in a McDonalds. Heres the deal since the consultation I have been reserchaing like crazy (glad i found this site) I would like to hear horror and good stories. Who should I go to and what procedure should I get. I know I am a good candidate and it was recommended I get 900 graphs or whatever it was. I dont want to end up regreting this as I went to this guy Davids site and it was full of people with there horror stories about scarring and because of surgery more hair falling out. Everyone on that site wanted to take it back and couldnt because of scarring. This site is the opposite and I have seen some great results. My hope is restored but I am still worried and would appreciate any advise I can get about what to do and what to look for. As you an tell from my name I am very vain and both thoughts of going bald and a bad transplant make me depressed and sick to my stomach. It is also hard cause my friends who are a year or two older then me all have good hairlines. I really appreciate he help and you guys look good but I wouldnt mind hearing some true unhappy people too. Thanks all. 25 and feeling 45 not good

Welcome aboard veryvain,

You're a smart man to do your research before jumping into this. If you spend enough time here you will have no doubts which clinics are reputable and which clinics to stay away from. You really should have a consultation with some of the more reputable doctors and get another evaluation of your hair loss. Based on your description, without seeing your picture, I would be willing to guess you need more grafts than what was quoted.

There are several great doctors discussed regularly on this site. Keep researching and I'm confident you will find one whom you feel comfortable with.

Best of luck.

Cam

Cam's Transplant

Hi Veryvain!

I'm a 27-year-old newbie abd I've been on this forum for almost a few weeks. Though I've never had any procedure so far, I started my "HT education" two months ago. I consulted various HT forums, hairloss abstracts, haircloning articles, countless before and after pics and doctor reviews, and tons of surgeon websites...

I'm glad I found real, true, warm support here on Hairtransplantnetwork and however I'm probably (surely) the best qualified one to advise you, be sure you'll find a nice crew to rely on here!

The only thing I can tell you is : "do your homework"!

Here is what resulted from my search :

-Good surgeons are often (not amways) low on prices (there is some logical explanation for this but too long to explain).

-the golden rule : there are only a few ones to qualify out of the thousands of hairmills.

-Good surgeons generally perform nothing else than HT.

-Good surgeons ore OFTEN bases in Canada (NOT always)

-Good surgeons are often discrete as they don't spend a fortune on infomercials, advertisement . They just don't need it that much : they achieve good reputation through outstanding results.

-Good surgeons won't urge you, they have high sense of ethic, which doesn't match with aggressive marketing tricks (IMO).

-Good surgeons use state-of-the art material...

-Good surgeons should issue publications...

that's just a personal statement but I should help you to find out what you need.

Best of luck!

27-NW2/3

Veryvain, we're all a little vain here or we wouldn't be worried about our hair. If you want to hear horror stories, just read through the many Bosley and MHR posts that you will find here. I wouldn't worry about them if I was you. You sound like you need hairline work (the most important part of hair restoration). If I were you I would search through the posts that have positive comments regarding hairline restoration. This will help you find a great doctor. There are many wonderful doctors mentioned on this forum. It's up to you to find the one that will be right for you.

VeryVain

First goal for you should be to stop your hair loss from progressing. Are you using Propecia and Minoxidil?

If you want a hair transplant to make a perfect hair line, you may be disappointed. Ever hear the phrase "You can't fool Mother Nature"?

In general, guys should not get a hair transplant as a first response to hair loss, or for a trivial amount of hair loss. Only get a hair transplant if you already have significant hair loss. I'd be curious to see pics, if you want to post them.

Be careful, there are only a handful of doctors doing consistently excellent work.

• 2 weeks later...

As the old saying goes, "you get what you pay for" and "penny wise, pound foolish"!

If the price sounds too good to be true then most likely your in the wrong place. Check out several doctors and ask lots of questions.

All I can tell you is that im 6 months post-op from Dr.Seager's Office and, I haven't had this much hair since highschool!

The best advice for you has already been written on these boards, so I suggest you spend the next week or two just reading all the old threads/discussions on this forum.

The only thing I can add to that is post your conclusions here regularly and gauge the feedback. Do NOT make act hastily, and let the knowledgeable members of this forum, including many doctors, help guide your ultimate decisions.

In addition to being a patient of Dr. Hasson, I act as the legal counsel for Hasson and Wong.

First goal is to try to prevent your hair loss from getting worse.

"Thanks for the replies. I am worried because I have heard some horror stories regarding HT's. Like i went on this site that was allot like this except it was for people to vent there horror stories."

I would like to know which website that is???

• 3 weeks later...

I disagree with the "you get what you pay for" references in regards to HT. There have been many guys who have been gotten horrible HT's and paid much much more than what they would have paid for a reputable, quality surgeon.

To me, a great HT would be worth the costly price, but fortunately in the world of HT, you can get some great docs at the most competitive prices.

I'm new to this forum, but I can see from the postings that there are a lot of knowledgeable folks on here. Here are my thoughts:

-Do your homework and listen to what transplant recipients have to say. Don't forget to run some of what is said through the "bullshit" filter, too.

-I'd like to believe that you "get what you pay for" but that's simply not true these days; if in fact, it was ever true about anything. Value is what your looking for, not high vs.low cost.

-I wore "hair" from 1993 (age 29) until last year after my second Level 8 transplant session. I can't tell you how great it is to have my own thick hair back! No glue, no tape, no worries about swimming. I looked good in the high-quality units that I was wearing but they were cumbersome (I'm pretty athletic/active) and the cost was killing me! You think that transplants are expensive? Get a quickie finance book and calculate the cash flows from putting yourself in hair units for the next 10 years, for example. Transplants are much cheaper in the long run.

I used Dr. Dan Didocha in Atlanta & I couldn't be more satisfied. One more thing...if you want to get the maximum effect of new hair, improve your fitness level--it really augments the new hair.

I did a LOT of research during the 10 years I wore hair--I'm glad I waited and shopped around. I don't know what's been written about Didocha on this forum, but I know how to do research (I'm a master's degreed scientist) and I know how to calculate value/costs (I have an MBA, too). Didocha and his staff did a great job at a fair price.

David

Understanding the apprehension behind getting HT performed. I have been there, since I was in my early 20's lost the hair on top to the sides. I had 'crows feet' as someone once told me.

I had lost even more and now that I am 40 I had it done. You indicated you went to Bosley in Boston as I did, I felt lined up at the drive through, MHR also. I eventually chose Dr. Distefano, his rates are reasonable and so far everthing has gone well although it has only been 3 weeks, very little shock loss, quick recovery etc etc.

Good luck in your search.