Under Direct SunLight

Is there anybody there, that can show me post of PreOp and postOp under direct sun light outdoor ? It means a lot since there is a huge difference how it looks indoor and outdoor under direct sun ?

Thanks

Is there anybody there, that can show me post of PreOp and postOp under direct sun light outdoor ? It means a lot since there is a huge difference how it looks indoor and outdoor under direct sun ?

Thanks

I've never quite understood the fascination with direct sunlight. Who spends any amount of time in direct sunlight anymore? You get burned to a crisp. So wear a hat, and when you take off your hat you won't look bald, you'll look like you have a case of hat head, infinitely preferable to bald head. Furthermore in bright lights even people with no hairloss show some amount of scalp. Here's the truth about most hair transplants (I mean good ones, not the bad ones) - you will get roughly 40-60 FUs per cm2, which is roughly half the density of the average non-balding head. So you'll have half, end of story. In almost all conditions, this is more than enough to provide excellent coverage and the appearance of a healthy, full head of hair (note I said appearance, obviously if you have half the density you don't have a "full" head of hair, you just look like you do). So why focus on a situation where you'll rarely find yourself in, e.g. bright lights or direct sunlight.

It's like guys who talk about strip scars and say well, with a strip scar you can never go swimming. Even if that were true, which it is not (you can't see my scar even if my hair is soaking wet, there's nothing else to say about it) - but even IF I couldn't go swimming, what the do I care? I'm no fish, and I don't NEED to go swimming. More importantly though, when my hair was thinning I wouldn't go swimming either so how would it be a loss? Sorry to go off topic like this but it kind of bothers me to see people so fixated on situations that I don't think matter.

Harryben,

Sorry, I don't have any photos of myself under direct sunlight after the transplant had reached maturity.

Spoon,

I see your points, but everyone has different goals and different things are more important to others.

Off the top of my head as an example, what if a guy had a fiancee' that was dead-set on an outdoor wedding complete with outdoor pictures? He would certainly be concerned with how his transplanted hair held up to sunlight in photos that he will be looking at forever. This is probably not the best example, but it's all I have off the top of my head.

harryben,

The Hair Transplant Network has the most patient before/after photos under almost any lighting condition imaginable here.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Robert - understood, absolutely different people have different concerns. But let's look at your example of the outdoor wedding. First of all, no picture will be of the top of the guy's head, he'll be facing the camera each time, and unless we're talking about very fine, very blond hair, see-through is not an issue. Second, would he look better in the pictures without a transplant or with a transplant? No contest.

There is no doubt that a transplant has it's limits, but sometimes I think people get fixated on the limitatations of HT versus the freedom that a good transplant brings.

Dear spoon,

I m sorry having "bother" you so much with my question. And sorry too that you didn t get exactly what i meant.

In fact, if i m saying that, is that because i live in a country where the sun is shining almost 300 years a day (like in Sydney) and that i m usually not walking with a hat; so when i walk outside and when i walk inside there is BIG difference when it comes to see through my head. And this situation is not RARE, but a daily one. I was just wondering how far HT can provide a good coverage in outdoor situation; that was it, not more.

An excellent hairtransplant should be undetectable under all conditions period.Nobody should have to do behavior modification around a H/T.That is why you must research the doctor who will be doing it so carefully.Very few can acheive this objective.

"The first cut is the deepest." Cat Stevens

Originally posted by Mahair:

An excellent hairtransplant should be undetectable under all conditions period.Nobody should have to do behavior modification around a H/T.That is why you must research the doctor who will be doing it so carefully.Very few can acheive this objective.

Thanks you, Mahair. You said the words that I wish I said in my first post in this thread.

Keeping realistic expectations in mind, a hair restoration procedure serves the patient, not the patient serving the transplant.

-Robert

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Thank you Mahair and Robert;

That s the kind of answer i expected for the question;

Still is there anybody there that can post me or redirect me to Outdoor picture of post op.

Don't blame me to make that a key on my research. Since i can prove you with pictures of mine that indoor and outdoor is a completely different thing; Indoor even very close you would'nt see the HT at all; but outdoor since there is not enough of hair now, and since you can see through you can then see some of the mini grafts that were transplanted juste behind the frontline.

Thanks for everything you can do.

Today's best transplants don't use mini-grafts, only follicular units. So that is not a problem, even in sunlight. The only thing that could possibly exposed under sunlight is the lack of density. More light can make more scalp visible. Other than a lack of density, i.e. you are not going to get your original density back, there should be no detectable indication of a transplant, even in sunlight.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Originally posted by Gorpy:

The only thing that could possibly exposed under sunlight is the lack of density. More light can make more scalp visible. Other than a lack of density, i.e. you are not going to get your original density back, there should be no detectable indication of a transplant, even in sunlight.

Perfect answer. Just look around you. In bright sunshine even some of the guys who are not affected by MPB seem to have less density and you can see their scalp, depending on their hair length of course. I don't know of any HT that could give you back a density such that you wouldn't be able to partially see your scalp in bright sunshine or in the infamous white light of some elevators.

The other thing is that most of us HT patients (and I'm a member of that "club") seem to be obsessed by the fact that people they meet will automatically stare at their hairline/scalp, because that is what we tend to do ourselves. It may sound stupid but since I had my HT the first thing I look at in the guys I meet is their hairline, the density of their hair and so on. In my defence I'd say I'm also looking for ideas on how best to comb my hair to make it look as dense as possible.

But the fact is the average Joe/Jane Bloggs in the street, who knows nothing about HTs, will not stare at your scalp, they will look at you "globally". Maybe they'll think "this guy hasn't got much hair left" or "this guy's balding a bit" but they will certainly not spend their time evaluating your density or speculating about a HT that you might have had, simply because it doesn't come naturally to their mind.

So, to summarize, harryben, just be yourself. If you're happy, as seems to be the case, that your HT is not detectable inside, it probably won't be outside, whatever the light. You can't spend (and ruin) your life worrying about the lack of density on your head. Just accept that it's not what it used to be when you were 15 and that you've done whatever you could to look your best considering the circumstances and your unfortunate sensitivity to DHT. We ALL would like the density of 15 year old kids, but no HT can get you that, at least not with the current methods.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

We're not even talking about the same thing here.

I qualified every statement I made by specifying I mean GOOD transplants, i.e. all-FU, current state-of-the-art transplants with densities of 40-60 FUs/cm2. I hope we agree that a transplant on a guy with any significant degree of hairloss, e.g. NW4+ CANNOT restore the density of a non-MPB head of hair. So given that, it only makes sense that in bright lights, a transplant will look thin, depending on who's looking at it. That doesn't mean it's detectable as a transplant, it just means it's going to look thin. So what? Guys with zero MPB show scalp in really bright lights also.

Originally posted by spoon:

We're not even talking about the same thing here.

I qualified every statement I made by specifying I mean GOOD transplants, i.e. all-FU, current state-of-the-art transplants with densities of 40-60 FUs/cm2. I hope we agree that a transplant on a guy with any significant degree of hairloss, e.g. NW4+ CANNOT restore the density of a non-MPB head of hair. So given that, it only makes sense that in bright lights, a transplant will look thin, depending on who's looking at it. That doesn't mean it's detectable as a transplant, it just means it's going to look thin. So what? Guys with zero MPB show scalp in really bright lights also.

spoon,

i live in los angeles, 2 miles from venice beach and 3 miles from santa monica beach. i am in the direct sunlight all the time.

i didnt get an ht to hide under a hat.

we'll see how my ht looks once its completely grown in and i am hoping it doesnt look thin... if it will well shit, im adding until it doesnt. wit curly thick hair on the sides i feel this is an achievable aspiration.

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

Ok guys,

thanks very much for your comments, especially, hairworthy. However i might not expressed myself as well as i wanted, since englich is not my mothertongue. And no, i m not entirely satisfied of My precedent HT; since it was not 100% FU, and since today in direct sunlight, Besides the problem that one can see a little bit through the hair, in the front line some mini grafts van be noticed. and that wats bothering me. Since i can not see the same thing on myself with full FU on the front line, i was Asking if someone there (whatever desnsity he has) could post me some direct sun light or infamous elevator light picture of GOOD HT. That s all, but it seems no one has taken those pictures yet !?.

SPOON, again i m sorry but it seems you didn t get what i was trying to ask

Baldcasanova, i m wishing to see pics of you before and after while walking to the beach, if you want of course.

Thanks everybody.

harryben,

Check your PMs, I will send you some links to the kind of outdoor pictures you're looking for.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

harryben,

I snapped a few pics this morning, some inside some outside. Its been 2 1/2 months, so technically the HT hasnt really started to grow in yet.

Take a look at my link: http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=album...1043731&f=2566060861

I agree things do look worse outside, but i recommend using some sort of masking agent (like toppik) to help blend.

for these pics i didnt use it, just so i can monitor my honest progress...

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

Thanks baldcasanova;

thanks for your comprehension and for your honesty.

Actually , i ve never used Toppik, don t even know how it looks like and what it does exactly ?

However, 2month and half is too short to make comparison between indoor/outdoor; Should wait another 3 month, i guess.

Besides, do you think that after a HT real hair that is near theone transplanted can fall down because of the HT ? Do one has to loose completely his hair to make another HT ?

Harryben,

When you have a PM (private message) you will be notified by email and you will also see a flashing icon on the forums' home screen. Simply click that to check your PM inbox.

-Robert

I've never quite understood the fascination with direct sunlight. Who spends any amount of time in direct sunlight anymore? You get burned to a crisp. So wear a hat, and when you take off your hat you won't look bald, you'll look like you have a case of hat head, infinitely preferable to bald head.

Hah, there's the solution... after your hair transplant, never go outside with out a hat. Good idea! A hat will make any hair transplant look better.

icon_rolleyes.gif