Crown Growth

Guest wanthairs

apparently, crowns take far longer to grow than the rest of the scalp. I do not know the reason for this. Also, make sure you use Rogaine to speed upo the growth (according to some DR's)

Everyone's different with growth, and crown does seem to take a little longer, but at 7 months something should be there I think.

Look at my hair loss weblog, at 4mo 22 days I had a pretty good stand of hair after HT #2 which went mainly in the crown.

If your hairline work is coming in, that means hopefully everything went well but the crown is just coming in slower. You may want to place a call into your Doc.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

The crown is usually grafted with a lower density. If this is true in your case, the result may seem slow, particularly if the front is dense packed. You need to give it a bit more time.

And, yes, results get better after the 7 month mark!

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

FWIW, I suppose that my crown came in about 50% slower than the front and top of head. What I had at 5 months on the front was about what I had at 8 months on the crown.....hang in there.

HT#1 4944FU 23May06-Hasson

HT#2 1960FU 16Jan07- Hasson

6904 Total FU, 13160 Hairs

2184-1's, 3184-2's, 1536-3's

Originally posted by mrkneed:

Hairbank,

At 7 mos I am almost about where you were at 4 months. Also, since I am just at 7 months will I see drastic improvement in what I already have?

If you're where I was at 4mo, then yes, you should see drastic improvement. I know I continued to see tons of growth and overall improvement in appearance even through 9-11 months............hang in there, I'm sure it'll come.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Relax

You have plenty of additional growth time left. The crown ususally takes longer for some reason .

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!