LA area doctors

Hi jwlncal

Just out of curiousity, who are the choices? Is it Dr. Rassman and Dr. McLellan, or is there anyone else besides those two?

My gut instinct would be to suggest McLellan first, (unless you are interested in the FUE technique that Rassman does.) That's not based on a personal experience, just from hanging around on line a lot.

A few doctors and clinics count "hairs" instead of grafts, but most people seem to think it makes more sense to discuss things in terms of grafts.

Arfy

Thanks. Out of all the HR doctors recommended in southern California by the website, which one would you suggest I go to?

You think I should stay away from Bosley Medical?

Last question, is this site primarily sponsored by a group of HT doctors? Can I trust that the discussions in this forum really came from the HT patients?

Thanks

I try not to go around recommending doctors, in a lot of cases I don't even recommend hair transplants in general. It's not the right thing for every guy with a hair loss problem, despite the advertising you might have seen. I think the first thing you need to decide is if getting a hair transplant is really the right thing for you to do. Not every guy makes a good candidate for the procedure. However there are clinics out there, who will be glad to give you a transplant, as long as you have the cash. First I would think long and hard about whether this is what is best for you. Read up on what makes a guy a good candidate.

Then read the section of the website called Best Hair Transplant Procedure Look at the websites of all of the doctors who are recommended by this site, read all of their websites from top to bottom, and see what makes sense, and what doesn't. Check out the website http://www.hairtransplantadviser.org/ which has some general information and guidelines. Read the previous posts in this forum, as far back as you can stand going.

Then once you feel like you really have some knowledge of the subject, (and if you are still interested) go visit some clinics you think might be good, and get some consultations. Use this opportunity to ask specific questions you have, about their recommendations for you, their philosophies, etc. See who you really click with, who seems to have your best interests in mind, and who might just be trying to make a sale, or who tells you to "let them do all the thinking".

The reason I say to do all that reading FIRST, is otherwise you spend your consultation just learning the basics. You want to be really educated on what you are getting into, because getting a hair transplant is a big decision that you will have to live with for the rest of your life. It's a bigger decision than buying a house or getting married. You can't divorce your hair transplant. Lots of guys have gotten burned by doctors and clinics who were just trying to make a lot of money, and not "help people". I am an example of that. .

You need to answer your own question, (who should you get to do your transplant) for yourself. There is always a strong possibility the answer may be "nobody". Hair transplants are not the miracle cure for hair loss that we all wish they were. You only get one shot at doing it right the first time. Make sure that you are the right guy for the procedure, and that your doctor is "world class".<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Can I trust that the discussions in this forum really came from the HT patients?

If you follow my suggestions, you will only need to trust yourself and your own judgement. You will know what sounds accurate, and what seems like BS, and you will be able to make up your own mind.