which clinic moves the most amount of donor area per session?

Guest wanthairs

Guest wanthairs

Sorry if this question has been asked a million times, but I need a few more procedures and really want to get as much done as possible each time. I am not interested in how many grafts, as theoretically a tiny piece of skin can get cut into a million pieces.

I need the most amount of hair moved therefore the most amount of donor tissue moved rather than being obsessed with a graft count... Also will those who disagree with big sessions chime in because of whatever reason. I find this subject very confusing and have read up alot about it. many say that you lose far more grafts in big sessions than small ones so its better to do small ones etc etc......Oh and any docs, please join in too , in order to enlighten all of us neophytes.

Thankyou , all....

Guest wanthairs

Sorry if this question has been asked a million times, but I need a few more procedures and really want to get as much done as possible each time. I am not interested in how many grafts, as theoretically a tiny piece of skin can get cut into a million pieces.

I need the most amount of hair moved therefore the most amount of donor tissue moved rather than being obsessed with a graft count... Also will those who disagree with big sessions chime in because of whatever reason. I find this subject very confusing and have read up alot about it. many say that you lose far more grafts in big sessions than small ones so its better to do small ones etc etc......Oh and any docs, please join in too , in order to enlighten all of us neophytes.

Thankyou , all....

wanthairs,

The number of grafts that can be moved will be directly proportional the the amount of donor that can be moved...............make sense? I hope I understand you correctly.

This past year I've seen many clinics raise the bar on mega sessions, I'm talking about sessions in excess of 3000 grafts. Now, I've been away from the boards a short while so maybe there are some recent Docs performing larger sessions. In my book, the clinic who consistently has done this is Hasson and Wong. Right up with the would be Dr. Shapiro maybe along with Dr. Feller and Dr. Rahal??

I believe there are many clinics who now perform session sizes of 3000 quite regularly, but, those that exceed 4000 on average are quite rare.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Wanthairs-- H&W are certainly the leaders in quantity of large sessions.

Dr. Feller and Dr. Rahal consistently do large sessions as well.

Dr. Shapiro moves a ton of hair per session as well (average patient) but because he believes that almost every patient--especially those with extensive baldness-- will need at LEAST 2 sessions, he prefers to work between 2500-3500 grafts for these patients.

Of course, he can do and has done well over 4000+ grafts on many occasions, but only on patients he qualifies as candidates.

From a technical standpoint-- if you have good laxity and your scar is 1-2mm wide from your first session, it is conceivable that you could go 1.5-1.7cm wide and 28-30cm long and yield 3200-3800 grafts --at average donor density.

At a NW6-- and depending on your goals, 6000+ grafts is the target your going to need to look for.

You had a great size session to start 2800 grafts-- another 3000+ grafts would be a great addition-- then re-evaluate your position for a possible 3rd session.

I should point out that there is a possibility that you could get more grafts, but I am just averaging things out.

If you can post the size of strip from session #1-- I could give you a more accurate figure.

I hope this is what your looking for buddy!!!!!!

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.