Seven Month Point

I have been off of the forum for a while to let my HT just sit and "cook" and give it time to show some results. The majority of people on this forum indicated their most amount of growth took place in the seventh month. Well tomorrow makes seven months since my HT. I must say I have mixed feelings. I definitely have hair where I was once slick bald but it is nowhere near what I would call cosmetically acceptable.

My own hair is very thick and the area where I had the HT is nowhere near as thick as my own hair. It looks really off balance which is one of the things I said before my procedure I did not want to happen. My doctor said it is called the "Bozo Effect" and it would not happen. I wear a hair piece and it will not come off until my real hair is to a point where I believe it is cosmetically acceptable for all to see. Plus I think if I took it off at this point and people saw how sparse my hair was it wouldn't speak well for hair transplants and I intend on telling everyone that I had a HT.

When I look at my profile in the mirror to the side it looks really, really sparse. It looks like I am basically bald with a sprinkling of hair over my scalp. The scalp it totally visible. I had 2520 grafts placed on the front third of my head. In May I have an appointment to go back for a second procedure. By then I need to decide whether those remaining grafts will go in the front to thicken up what I've already had done or if they will go on the crown. If I base my decision on what the results look like now then I will be using them to thicken up the front and use a small crown hair piece for the crown. I'd love for the grafts to go on the crown so I can be done with the hair piece. Hopefully in the next three months there will be some major changes that will allow me to put them on the crown. Believe it or not I still have a spot on the upper left part of my head that is still somewhat sore and numb. Any thoughts out there? Thanks

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

Dr. Epstein August 4, 2008

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

364 three and four hair grafts

4262 Total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro November 18, 2009

1896 grafts

760 one hair grafts

852 two hair grafts

288 three hair grafts

46 four hair grafts

3362 total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro July 1, 2011

1191 grafts

447 one hair grafts

580 two hair grafts

150 three hair grafts

14 four hair grafts

2113 total hair count

All anybody at this time can really say is just to hang in there. You may be a slow grower,but more then likely thinns are about to explode .

I believe youll start getting exciting very soon.

If at 10 months your still in the same position ,I would talk to your doc ,but for now you gotta chill out cause the party is about to jump

Ttds,

I am almost at 6 months and I can certainly understand what you are saying. At 3 months I was stoked about seeing hair and truthfully not much has changed since then. I know enough to not get my skivies in a bunch until after 12 months. Hang in there and hopefully things will start to really take off. One thing that I am feeling more and more though is that I have a feeling that it sometimes takes more than 2500 in the frontal area to give a look and feel of density. Ofcourse everyone is different, but it seems like the 3200+ sessions are the most eye catching. Only time will tell.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Relax guys

the big boom kicked in for me at 8-9 months.. dont try to judge anything although its hard. It will only make you crazy

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hehe, where your really treated on the 4th of Juy? Isnt that a big holiday in the USA ?

What bothers me a bit is the fact that you seem to expect the HT will be giving you a similar effect as a hair piece. In many cases it will not. HT's are usually less dense than hairpieces, someone should have mentioned this.

In case of high NW level, HT density will not even come close to hair piece density.

On the other hand, 7 months is way to early to draw conclusions ... relax buddy, take a break !

You will definately see improvement over the next couple of months.

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.

Thanks everybody for your replies. Yes, I did have my HT on July 4th and there was another guy in there the same day. I don't expect my HT to be as dense as my hair piece but close to it. My doctor said with two procedures he could get close to that. In my case I believe that is important because my hair is so thick in the back and on the sides that having it thinner on the top looks very off balance. I explained this concern to the doctor and he said it would not be an issue. He said that is called the "Bozo Effect" when the hair on the sides and back is thicker than on the top.

I don't expect to have the hair of an 18 year old but on the other hand I don't expect to look like someone who is thinning or balding either after investing a lot of time and money into the procedure. What is funny is the few times I have emailed into this site anxious for results I was told they were just around the corner. At the three month mark people emailed that they saw good growth at four months. At five months when I posted people said they noticed a lot of growth at six months. At six months when I still hadn't seen much people said the biggest growth was at the seven month point. Now that I'm at the seventh month I'm hearing the biggest growth comes after the eight month mark. I feel like I am chasing rainbows. I hope after the next two months I finally start seeing some density. I know you guys who are further along are probably laughing at this remembering when you were in the doubting phase but at this point the only thing that will ease my mind is HAIR GROWTH! Thanks for all of your input.

NW5

Dr. Epstein July 4, 2007

2520 grafts

471 one hair grafts

1540 two hair grafts

505 three hair grafts

5070 Total hair count

Dr. Epstein August 4, 2008

2384 grafts

870 one hair grafts

1150 two hair grafts

364 three and four hair grafts

4262 Total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro November 18, 2009

1896 grafts

760 one hair grafts

852 two hair grafts

288 three hair grafts

46 four hair grafts

3362 total hair count

Dr. Ron Shapiro July 1, 2011

1191 grafts

447 one hair grafts

580 two hair grafts

150 three hair grafts

14 four hair grafts

2113 total hair count

Time to do something,

Everyone has given you some excellent advice.

7 months is way too early to make a final evaluation of the result.

However, Bart is right. Do not expect that your hair transplant will be as thick as your natural hair.

See Can I achieve a full head of hair with a hair transplant?

Have you posted pictures yet anywhere on this forum? If not, I encourage you to post before, immediately postoperative, and after pictures.

Best wishes,

Bill