Dr Distefano - My Results

chrisdige

I'm a recent patient of Dr DiStefano and would like to share my results. I would be glad to share any info. that may help someone new to the process I just went through. I've had good success and actually created a type of Diary to document when things would happen and what to expect the next time I got the procedure done. It was helpful. I've attached my before and 7 month photo and will post my most recent pics (after second procedure) this weekend. Good luck in your search for info! Contact me if you have any question, I'm happy to respond.

before_after.JPG.b0821dfffbf86c7ae4240f89ce340ada.JPG

chrisdige,

Thanks for sharing your experience and photos.

How many grafts did you receive? There does appear to be some improvement in the pictures. Do you have photos showing other angles you can post for us?

Do you happen to know if Dr. Distefano still uses a multi-bladed knife to harvest the donor strip?

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Bill, Thanks! I recieced almost 3,00 graphs. I spoke to Marks office and they confirmed he uses a single blade. I'm not that technical but not sure of the difference. I've had two procedures and barely can find the last scra. What is the difference between single and multi blade? Here are the latest pics. I measured the results and from my eye brows to my temple hair line there is a 1.75" increase in hairline, I also measure the front to the bridge of the nose and there is .75" hairline increase. To me this is a "significant" increase in hair line for 2900 graphs. Especially with the quality of coverage. My before pics are a bit decieving as I had no hair up front but a small patch that like all men was able to make it look more than it was. Mark did a fabulous job! Please see the attached pics. I can't wait to get my final application next month! Enjoy!

before_after.JPG.9840c01d7802dfd2c68f607ca2666c40.JPG

Chris,

Those photos show the result much better, and I agree that you've had a vast improvement.

I'm also glad to hear that Dr. Distephano is using a single bladed knife. The old multi-bladed knife cuts through follicles transecting them, minimizing the amount of viable hairs for transplantation. Using a double blade at an angle and single blades significantly minimize this transection rate.

Congratulations on your new head of hair. Enjoy it icon_smile.gif

Bill