Scar question

How short can you cut your hair in the back before you see the scar. Can you buzz it? Could you go as short as a No. 2 razor? If you did see it would it look odd or would people think it was just a scar, like you just cut your head in a fall or accident?

How short can you cut your hair in the back before you see the scar. Can you buzz it? Could you go as short as a No. 2 razor? If you did see it would it look odd or would people think it was just a scar, like you just cut your head in a fall or accident?

m32,

Excellent doctors today use the trychophytic donor closure technique which allows you to have a nearly undetectable donor even with short hair, for more info on the technique checkout:

http://www.regrowhair.com/hair-transplant-surgery/donor...richophytic-closure/

It still varies for each patient but many patients are able buzz there hair short without the scar being noticeable.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

Hey ,if your procedure is done with the Marzola method[Trichphytic] your scar will be very little,then you usually you could use number 2 razor.

Even with trichophytic closure there's no guarantee. I had it, and I'm pleased with the result. I think I could clip down to 1/2" for sure without it being detectable.....maybe a little further. However, everyone's hair characteristics are different...........density, straight or curly............I've seen some with what I refer to as "clingy" type hair that seem to be able to clip shorter than most and still hide the scar. Those with very straight hair that stands out a little more before laying down won't be as fortunate.

I wouldn't count on clipping closer than 1/2" without scar detection after a HT.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.