Hairline lowering procedures for 19/M/Aus

I have asked online at New Hair Clinic and Ashley Martin Centres about hair transplantation to lower my high hairline. My forehead is out of balance of my face, and I want to correct this by have a hairline lowering procedure.

The reason I get turned down, is because I'm too young, and transplantation is extreme.

I am now looking into hairline lowering procedures. It usually means having an incision at the hairline, then folding the skin and stretching it and stitching it back on with minimal scar. I don't the minimal scarring.

I am from VIC, has anyone had a procedure like that or anyone can recommend me where I CAN get a hairline lowering procedure without being hassled? Would greatly appreciate it.

Notes: 6.5cm forehead

Hairloss: No significant hairloss

I have asked online at New Hair Clinic and Ashley Martin Centres about hair transplantation to lower my high hairline. My forehead is out of balance of my face, and I want to correct this by have a hairline lowering procedure.

The reason I get turned down, is because I'm too young, and transplantation is extreme.

I am now looking into hairline lowering procedures. It usually means having an incision at the hairline, then folding the skin and stretching it and stitching it back on with minimal scar. I don't the minimal scarring.

I am from VIC, has anyone had a procedure like that or anyone can recommend me where I CAN get a hairline lowering procedure without being hassled? Would greatly appreciate it.

Notes: 6.5cm forehead

Hairloss: No significant hairloss

I hear you. You're not interested in doing this operation for baldness-related reasons.

But how old are you?

Maybe you're not going bald right now, but unfortunately that doesn't mean you won't be fighting baldness in the front area a few years from now. This is why nobody wants to do this operation on you right now. The doctors insist on treating your case like a male-pattern baldness case because it's very possible for you to end up in that situation in the future even though you're not in that situation right now.

ALL hair transplants & hairline moving surgeries leave scarring on your skin. (Not just the "botched" ones.) Hair transplants only look acceptable because the patients plan on NEVER shaving their heads bald again during their whole lives. The scarring will be VERY obviously visible on your forehead if you go bald later. Think about it.

--------------------------------------------

EIther way, the rule of thumb is that you should be AT LEAST 25-26 before getting HTs, and being 30 years old isn't even the safest plan yet.

If you keep looking for doctors willing to do a HT on you at a younger age, you will find them. Just not ETHICAL doctors. They're not interested in making you happier with your appearance for the long-haul, they're just interested in telling you whatever it takes to get your money right now. THOUSANDS OF MEN ARE LIVING WITH A PERMANENTLY-BOTCHED APPEARANCE BECAUSE OF THIS! LITERALLY THOUSANDS! DON'T THINK IT WON'T HAPPEN TO YOU!

I think you should look into hair transplantation rather than some type of incision surgery to move your hairline. FUE transplants are amazingly good looking & natural without leaving big line-scars anywhere. (The scars are small scattered dots that are much harder to see with short haircuts.)

-----------------------------------------------

I posted to your other thread.........wait until you are much older before considering this.

To get an idea of the hairline that "frames your face".........section your face in thirds. Bottom of chin to bottom of nose, 1/3......bottom of nose to top of eyebrows, 1/3.....top of eyebrows to hairline.............it isn't a science but this should be about where your hairline is. If 6.5cm is the measurement for you, then it's how your face is best framed and don't consider lowering it as it will be out of proportion with your face.

As I mentioned before, consider getting types on a hairstyle that compliments your face better, it could make all the difference.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• 1 year later...

i thought i'd share my experiences on hairline lowering (surgical incision). i am a 22yr female who was born with a naturally high forehead. this bothered me and made me very self conscious my whole life. i eventually resorted to an appointment with NHI who suggested that i get transplants, however they also recommended a doctor in adelaide who had a lot of experience in the lowering procedure. long story short and $4400 down, my hairline is now 1-1.5cm lower. the scar is barely visible after 5months, and the hair grows over the scar anyway.

the procedure itself didn't hurt much at all. it was only after the anaesthetic wore off that I had a massive throbbing headache (which is expected after pretty much slicing ur head open). they gave me sleeping pills etc which helped with pain. I am happy that I had it done, however I still intend to have hair implants to lower it further and give my hairline a more rounded appearance.

• 2 months later...

Hi to all, I am interested in hairline lowering procedures I am 29 Years old, I have a big forehead which make me looks little bit older, I would like to know where can I get the surgery in other country not USA???? if its in Latin America?

Anyone know a good clinic to have this procedure?

Hope to get your answers Thanks.

Also I would like to know if with this procedure I will have a life in my eyebrows and will make me looks surprised? Thanks

George