Newbie here.. few questions

Hi all.. Long time reader, first time poster icon_smile.gif

I'm quite paranoid about male pattern baldness (actually thats an under statement) and although I havent noticed any visible hair loss, one of my grand fathers went bald at like 20 (I'm now 25)... I know its not certain but would like to gain some information to put me at ease..

First.. I would prefer to take something like rogain or propecia but have heard some stories of shedding all the hair and then it grows back, how likely is this to happen?

Ive heard Propecia can stop hair loss but not grow it at the front? Is this true?

Are you able to take rogain and prop at the same time?

How much does a HT cost on average (Im expecting something like 10 grand but i wont be surprised if its more)

Im all the way down in Australia, any1 know how good the HT's are around here?

Thank you in advance

Hi all.. Long time reader, first time poster icon_smile.gif

I'm quite paranoid about male pattern baldness (actually thats an under statement) and although I havent noticed any visible hair loss, one of my grand fathers went bald at like 20 (I'm now 25)... I know its not certain but would like to gain some information to put me at ease..

First.. I would prefer to take something like rogain or propecia but have heard some stories of shedding all the hair and then it grows back, how likely is this to happen?

Ive heard Propecia can stop hair loss but not grow it at the front? Is this true?

Are you able to take rogain and prop at the same time?

How much does a HT cost on average (Im expecting something like 10 grand but i wont be surprised if its more)

Im all the way down in Australia, any1 know how good the HT's are around here?

Thank you in advance

Hey,

Propecia/Rogaine can cause a "shed" (you go through sheds w/o these too); the shed is actually a sign of positivity, as the the meds are doing their job to strengthen if not regrow your hair. How likely? Tough to say, but you should be prepared for it -- and it isn't too difficult to prepare. Just be aware that it is for the greater good and you are taking a positive step -- that said, it is only the rare shed that really causes someone grief.

Propecia was officially tested w/ an efficacy for the crown and vertex; same for rogaine/minox, I believe. That said, this doesn't mean that growth elsehwere (including the hairline) is excluded; in fact, there is a good deal of evidence that, especially when combined, propecia/rogaine can regrow hair in the front.

Def can take both at the same time, and it is recommended to boot.

The cost of a HT is very relative -- all depends on the session size and doctor, if not *type* of procedure. It isn't one size fits all. Generally, though, you would be looking at 10k for a large but not gargantuan session.

Australian docs -- I can personally only think of bad ones. IMO, be prepared to travel and make a nice vacation out of it while taking advantage of the US dollar! icon_wink.gif

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

hey lucasck

My name is richie and i had 2100 crown grafts with Dr feller in nov 2007 , feel free to check out my weblog .

Than is right with everything he said , when you shed , I get the impression that you think all you hair will fall out hahahhaa

Listen bud , that does not happen , you lose some hair , mayby a bit more that normal , but only really enough that you may notice because you are scutinising you hairline .

I have included a link to my meds only progress were I had excelent regrowth at the front, alot more than the crown !!

Here's the link , check it out .

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=155471

Hope that helps bud

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007