Please have a look at my scalp shots and comment

Hi,

I have posted my scalp shots album. Please have a look at them: http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopi...1016143&f=2566060861.

And let me know how many grafts would be needed. I have just started on propecia.

Actually this is just after 2 weeks of hair cut. And also I had huge hair loss last week. So should I go for 6 months of propecia before asking for HT

Thanks

Hi,

I have posted my scalp shots album. Please have a look at them: http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/forums?a=albumtopi...1016143&f=2566060861.

And let me know how many grafts would be needed. I have just started on propecia.

Actually this is just after 2 weeks of hair cut. And also I had huge hair loss last week. So should I go for 6 months of propecia before asking for HT

Thanks

Sanjeev, It is difficult to get a good idea of the extent of mpb from the photos in that album. You almost have to take the most unflattering photos you can take in order to get a good & honest assessment.

However, I will share this with you. Those photos remind me of my own hair when I was around 37-38 years old. Also at that time my hairline was receeding somewhat, but I couldn't really tell from your photos if your hairline is receeding as well. For me, the mpb proceeded gradually (and steadily) throughout the next decade when I decided to get a HT. You can see from the photos in my weblog how far it progressed from that point (in my mid 30's) to my mid 40's.

I did not take propecia until my HT by the way and wonder if the progression of mpb might have slowed had I taken it a decade earlier. I've also read that the blocking mechanism (dht?) of propecia might be effective for a limited time, so who knows? Keep asking questions here (you're in the right place), and certainly consult with a good HT doctor (after you've done your research).

Best of Luck to you!

2967 Total Grafts w/ Dr. Cooley on 1/3/07 [1st HT]

Hair Count = 5,427

My Hair Loss Weblog