Rogaine Foam Once a Day - Prolonged Shedding?

Had my procedure done March 12. Everything in the recipient are seems to be doing fine and the donor area as well. However, on top and in the crown area I seem to be thinner than usual and it seems to have gotten worse in the last two months. Not massive fallout, just thinner. I'm on Proscar once per day and have used Rogaine once per day for the last couple of years. I switched to the foam a few months ago and did have some shedding initially as expected.

My question is could using the foam once per day instead of the recommended twice per day lead to prolonged shedding? I never used the stuff twice per day cause I just felt I would never be that disciplined. Once a day in the morning fine and I never miss that. But, if the foam is too strong to be used once a day (theory being that using it twice per day helps build a tolerance to it) and thus leads to shedding over time, I'll try to stick with two times a day.

Anybody have any experience with this?

Neptune,

It could be shedding from the foam, or it could be shockloss since your surgery wasn't too long ago. It is nearly impossible to tell which one it is also.

Either way...give it time....3 months post op is WAY too early to determine what you will look like when the final result grows in. My best advice is, keep doing what you are doing and do your best to have patience.

Bill

Will do Bill. The surprising thing here is that this area is way behind the recipient area. This is just the crown where I wasn't expecting shock loss. Either way, I'll keep trying it once a day and see what happens. Thanks again.