Dr. Seager or Dr. Cotterill?

Unidel

I've been reading this forum for a while. I'm a 23 year old who's going bald.

I've been doing research about HT and was considering Propecia but I've read a lot of horror stories on Propeciahelp.com that I'm not sure I want to try it. I know Dr. Cotterill is recommended by this community but it Seager a bad option? Are there any other doctors in Ontario I could consider? I want to get it done fairly soon so it doesn't look like a night and day change.

I've been reading this forum for a while. I'm a 23 year old who's going bald.

I've been doing research about HT and was considering Propecia but I've read a lot of horror stories on Propeciahelp.com that I'm not sure I want to try it. I know Dr. Cotterill is recommended by this community but it Seager a bad option? Are there any other doctors in Ontario I could consider? I want to get it done fairly soon so it doesn't look like a night and day change.

23 might be a bit young for a hair transplant, especially if your not on any medication.

I can appreciate your not wanting to take meds, but meds are the only way to help further retard hairloss.

If you do not take the meds, I highly doubt any HT doc will consider you a patient because they cannot say for certain how fast your baldness is progressing.

My personal feelings in the matter are: take the meds for a year and then revist the hair transplant situation.

Continue to do research.

Document your rate of loss, either slowed or halted.

Then at 24-25 you may be ready to take the next step IF you are a candidate.

I know this is not what you want to hear, but I will not be the only one telling you this.

Please ask as many questions as you like.

Take Care,

Jason

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Unidel,

Welcome to our community. Without taking hair loss medication and at such a young age, hair transplantation is most likely not a viable option for you at this point due to the unpredictability of hair loss.

I recommend reading the following hair loss Q&A blogs:

Am I Too Young For a Hair Transplant?

What Should I Consider When Researching Hair Transplantation?

Best wishes,

Bill

for sure- most of my colleagues will tell you to wait another few years before having a procedure. rather, you should consider going on Propecia. The one execption I make in young people is when there is diffuse thinning of the frontal forelock, and the goal of surgery is to work within that conservative forelock and fill it in.

good luck- and please feel free, if you wish, to send some photos for me to evaluate.

sincerely,

Jeffrey Epstein, MD, FACS

www.foundhair.com

Miami and NYC