Lateral slits vs neadles

I recently had a consultation with a Dr. and i asked if he uses the latel slit technique for implants. his response was that he uses needles of different gauges for each follicular unit. He told me it is a better more advanced technique. Is this true or is it a load of --. Has anyone had a HT using this procedure? If so how were the results?

It is very possible that this doctor didn't have a clue what you were talking about, or just ducked your question.

Lateral slits have to do with the direction that the recipient sites are created, and are not really so much a question of needles or not. Needles also create slits, the question here is the orientation of those slits.

It is pretty much a sure thing that the answer is "no" that doctor does not use lateral slits.

Needle jabs are not necessarily a "bad" technique in the right hands, but the rationale behind lateral slits is impressive. If lateral slits are what you want, I suggest you look to other doctors.

Turn the blade 90 degrees and voua la its lateral.

That requires a tremendous amount of training.

Sarcasm aside ...i wasnt trying to knock lateral slits.Simply stating excellent results can be achieved by other means and the surgeons skill is much more important then what technique is used.

I knew you would jump in though LOL

Thanks for the input everybody!!!

I actually saw some of the results that Dr. Bedard had on a few patients of his and his work is remarkable. The hairlines are dense and undetecable. The more I research his work the more I am being sold. I will keep posting my findings with him and with my decisions.

Thanks Again!