FUHT versus FUSE?

Hi, Can some one please describe what is the difference between FUHT and FUSE ?

What is the best method used for HT? taking a long strip of hair or FUSE extracted one by one in a random pattern?

Please help.

Thankyou for you reply

Edited by David - Moderator

Hi, Can some one please describe what is the difference between FUHT and FUSE ?

What is the best method used for HT? taking a long strip of hair or FUSE extracted one by one in a random pattern?

I got the info from http://www.fusehair.com/FUHT%20versus%20FUSE.htm

Please help.

Thankyou for you reply

FUHT stands for Follicular Unit Hair Transplantation and is also referred to as FUT (Follicular Unit Transplantation) or FUSS (Follicular Unit Strip Surgery).

FUSE stands for Follicular Unit Separation Extraction which is equivalent to FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) and FIT (Follicular Isolation Technique). The techniques are the same however, the instrumentation may differ slightly.

Don't be fooled by different names for the same technique. FIT and FUSE have been defined by some clinics as a "superior FUE" in order to sell their services. This is not true.

Just because different instrumentation is used to extract the hair follicle, doesn't warrant a new name. Otherwise every hair restoration clinic who perform FUE would have a different name for the technique since many hair restoration physicians use varying instruments. Dr. Feller designed his own extraction tool called the "Feller Punch". This did not warrant for him however, a change in the name of the technique because he recognizes that the technique hasn't changed. But what Dr. Feller DID do is help improve the technique by improving the extraction instrument.

FUE/FIT/FUSE in the hands of a skilled physician certainly has great value to many patients but has limitations.

To learn more about the differences between FUT and FUE, click here.

Best wishes,

Bill

thanx for the reply.

pinda,

Answering which is "best" is not exactly possible. With FUT and FUE, you have options. For my understanding of the differences in these techniques including the benefits, risks, and limitations of these surgeries, click here. Formulating your own opinion based on a lot of research will be vital to ensure you select what is right for you.

Bill

Say for FUT strip extraction, need 2000 grafts how big the strip will be taken out from the back of the head over 10 centimeters etc. ? will the hair grow again where the strip was taken from.

Thanks 4 replying.. help is appreciated

Pinda,

10CM is not a very long strip...but based on what you gave me, if I make the assumption that you have the average donor density of 80 FU sq/cm, then the strip would have to be 2.5 CM wide in order to achieve approximately this number. Keep in mind a strip is typically taken from ear to ear. My scar is even longer measured at about 33 CM.

The hair taken from the donor site is gone once it's removed. It will not grow back because the follicle and bulb are extracted with it.

Bill

hey champ, thanks for ur reply's, it was really helpful..

Lol one last question... I know if get FUHT strip donor, the hair doesn't come back!

What if you get the other one done FUE where they take single hair out of the donor area in a pattern, will hair re-grow there again or is it gone for ever too?

Thanks for the reply..

hey spex, did you get 100% results with FUE first time with feller? Does FUE give the same result as strip or better let me know.. would you reccomend FUE. I am looking into it .. I dont really want to get the strip, it luks ordinary n scary lolz!

thanx cheif