shedding regrowth

Hello, I have posted a few times mostly on shockloss and shedding as I have started propecia just one week after my first transplant. I mentioned that around month 3.5

that my hair went noticably thinner even in nontransplant areas. I am at just over 5 months now.

My qusestion is that as I put mt fingers in my hair and gently push back against the direction

in which the hair grows I am feeling many short prickly stubble. At just over 5 months could this be my hair starting to recover from shedding and shockloss? Or am I being presumptuous? Any advise would be helpful.

Thank You very much!

Hello, I have posted a few times mostly on shockloss and shedding as I have started propecia just one week after my first transplant. I mentioned that around month 3.5

that my hair went noticably thinner even in nontransplant areas. I am at just over 5 months now.

My qusestion is that as I put mt fingers in my hair and gently push back against the direction

in which the hair grows I am feeling many short prickly stubble. At just over 5 months could this be my hair starting to recover from shedding and shockloss? Or am I being presumptuous? Any advise would be helpful.

Thank You very much!

justgrow, I don't know exactly when shockloss hair starts to return and someone here, I'm sure will give you that info, but in the meantime it's got to be encouraging that your feeling stuble, and think about this way if you want: Your getting hair in the near future whether you want it or not!

justgrow,

Sorry that someone hasn't gotten to your post sooner.

The encouraging news is that you are feeling stubble. This means that new hair is over the horizon. However, at 5 months post-op from hair transplantation, what you are feeling with your finger tips may be shocked hair regrowing or transplanted hair starting to grow for the first time.

Typically however, when hair that was shocked regrows, it grows in very similarly as your regular hair as if you shaved it. It will grow thicker and will be visible in a mirror if not surrounded by too many other hairs. It will appear like a little black dot when really short.

Transplanted hair, when it first grows is typically fine and colorless, not visible to the naked eye. Over time, the transplanted hair will gradually thicken and gain color and match your natural hair.

I hope this helps,

Bill

JG

If it is stubble, it is growth coming in ( like your beard).. I think the best thing to do is just relax and let nature take its course..

You will drive yourself crazy if you look everyday

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!