New Baby White Fine Hairs

I'm 11 months post-op and I'm starting to notice New baby White Fine hairs along the front hairline and throughout. I'm still using Rogaine twice a day due to I'm a slow grower of my graphs.. I remember when Rogaine first came out, everyone said, it just grew back baby hairs that would fall out when you stop using Rogaine. Could it be possible at 11 months my graphs are still coming in or is the New white Baby hairs due to the Rogaine. Will these hairs get thicker and stronger and change to my natural color as time goes by? Yes, I had graphs put in where the new fine white hairs are.

JrBrass,

Good question.

It is not impossible that some of the transplanted hair is just now growing in. At the same time, it is possible that Rogaine is producing these new hairs. There really isn't going to be an easy way to tell, at least not at this stage.

In my experience with Rogaine, I had a number of whilte "peach fuzz" type hairs grow in my crown but never grew beyond that. It was encouraging in the beginning but after several months of use when I see that there was still no change in the hair, I discontinued its use. Needless to say, the little white hairs shed never to come back again.

All I can say is keep doing what you are doing and see if these hairs mature!

Bill

• Moderators

Jrbrass,

How long have you been using rogaine? That's pretty much what you get after the first few months of use. Some fine colorless hairs and hopefully they will grow into longer thicker hairs eventually. On some people they do and on some they don't.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.