Ultimate Pre-Op Post Op Regimen

I'm scheduled for an HT later this Summer and I will of course follow all of my doctors pre and post op suggestions. I was wondering what things you HT "vets" would recommend based on your experience pre/post op to maximize result. Thoughts?

I'm scheduled for an HT later this Summer and I will of course follow all of my doctors pre and post op suggestions. I was wondering what things you HT "vets" would recommend based on your experience pre/post op to maximize result. Thoughts?

Most physicians advise against utilizing Minoxidil for at least a month or so pre-op.

For things to take, definitely keep yourself on a good multivitamin and perhaps MSM for about a month prior and around 4 months + post-op. MSM can speed the growth of your new grafts (along with all other hair and even nails).

Restart Minoxidil on the recipient area after day 10 or so. This will also create a more favorable environment for the new grafts to grow in.

Ask your physician on when/if he/she wants you to discontinue Finasteride pre-op.

Also, alcohol and some OTC medications are out the days prior to surgery. Your physician will tell you his/her recommended guidelines.

Many have had great success with Graftcyte post-op though it is not imperative. I never used it. Maderma can also help scar healing, according to others, but it, too, is not necessary.

If you are an avid gym-rat or sports enthusiast, I would definitely get your physicians' recommendations on how long post-op you should wait before working out or playing sports.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Echo Roberts comments. Follow your surgeons pre-op instructions as well.

I'm 100% sold on GraftCyte. Start MSM also. I personally up my Propecia dosage to 2x a day for two weeks prior to surgery and 2 weeks following.

Also, 4 weeks after surgery, NOX2 helps get blood to the scalp better thus helping healing.

WHen you have your staples taken out in the donor, Mederma for 8 weeks did wonders for my donor scar.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by tommyleemcdowell:

what is msm?

Tommy,

Check out this recent thread.

You can also perform a keyword search under the "Find" button for more information there.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

what is MSM?

JB

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!