Nizoral

lara

Hi Guys

I have heard a lot about Nizoral shampoo on this forum. I remember using this shampoo as a kid for dandruff...also when you say 2% what does that mean. I went to CVS pharmacy the other day and all i could see is the Nizoral shampoo.....It did not say anything on it. Are there any other shampoos worth considering. I am currently using Pantene as my physician suggested to use a mild shampoo....i am alsi using Rogaine 5% and considering using Finpecia..Does any body have any feedback on that.

Lara,

The 2% is referring to the active ingredient "ketoconazole" which has been used for dandruff and appears to have some weak anti-DHT properties.

Nizoral shampoo without the 2% contains 1% of the ketoconazole ingredient. In my opinion, if you are going to use it as a hair loss treatment, use the 2% (you may have to order online) and use it as an adjunct treatment with Propecia (finpecia is fine too) and Rogaine 5%, the only two FDA approved hair loss drugs.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks for your prompt reply Bill.

Would the 2% Nizoral cause any initial shredding since it is stronger or do you want me to start with 1% and take it from there. Also, how many times in a week are we supposed to apply it.