Thick hair like a beard. What is it ?

carlos-pm

Hi

Could be the beginning of male pattern baldness. People lose their hair differently . Get on propecia to top it . See a doc

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Hello Carlos and welcome to the forums.

Do you happen to have pictures that you could show us? Would pictures even show us what you are talking about?

I'm not sure what would cause hair not to grow other than perhaps the hair is starting to die due to Male pattern baldness. However, as you stated, it's thicker hair...but comparing it to the rest of your hair, is it still as thick or is it thinner? Is the coloring the same or is it slightly lighter than the rest? I assume you are talking about natural hair that you have correct? Meaning, have you had a hair transplant?

I hope this helps.

Bill

Looks like you may have the beginnings of MPB on the crown and a slightly receding hairline (just my opinion).

As Mrjb mentioned, go see a dermatologist or Coalition HT doctor for a check-up if you're concerned.

Hi

After the pics it is surely Male pattern baldness. Classic receding in the forehead with a slip thinning in the crown.. Get on Propecia if you want to keep what you have for now.. Minoxidil can help you with the crown area too

Good luck

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Do you think start with 1mg or 5mg of finasteride ?

Can I only stop the hairloss process or can I reverse this condition ?

Thanks

Classic receding in the forehead with a slip thinning in the crown.. Get on Propecia if you want to keep what you have for now.. Minoxidil can help you with the crown area too

Originally posted by carlos-pm:

I use a combination of Minoxidil and Propecia, and I've definitely seen considerable regrowth. It's worth a try... good luck!

Originally posted by carlos-pm:

Do you think start with 1mg or 5mg of finasteride ?

1mg is all you need for hair-loss halting or growth. Finasteride works different on some people. You may halt the loss and not get any growth, you may get growth, or you may not get anything. The odds are with you, however, if you get on it and give it a try.