What is the difference between....

Hunkerstrainer,

Follicular unit transplantation is the standard nowadays. This way grafts that occur naturally (grafts with 1,2,3 or 4 hairs) are transplanted. This will provide a more natural look and avoid a pluggy look.

Microscopically magnified micrografting sounds like a fancy name for micrografts, where naturally occuring grafts are bundled to have grafts that contain more hairs. This will lead to more pluggy look.

I do have some problems with describing the differences, but when you hear micro- minigrafting you should avoid that place.

max

Max:

Thanks for your reply. I was researching and found that Dr. Limmer does Microscopically Magnified Micrografting and Dr. Lehr does Follicular Unit Hair Transplantation. Both seem to have a good reputation based on my readings.

Thanks again

Cisco

I have read the site of Dr. Limmer. Apparently he uses microscopic magnified micrografting as another term for follicular unit transplantation.

"Using the Microscopically Magnified Micrografting technique, our Doctors produce minute grafts of one to four hair follicular units and transplant them into balding areas"

It is a bit confusing though.

Anyway Dr. Limmer is a coalition member and apparently has a proven track of good results. And uses state of the art transplantation technique. Also Dr. Lehr is recommended on this site and produces standard follicular unit transplantation. Apparently both doctors are using state of the art transplantation techniques.

Continue your research and you will hopefully find the best possible surgeon for your situation.

Microscopically magnified micrografting

I believe there is a lot of confusion over the term "micrograft".

All this means is that it is a "graft" whether mini or follicular unit that is dissected under a microscope.

In other words, follicular unit hair micrografting is the same as follicular unit hair transplantation with hairs dissected under a microscope.

mini micrografting would be minigrafts created and dissected under a microscope.

The word "micrograft" in itself, only reveals that a "graft" of some size (undefined) has been cut under a microscope. This is a GOOD thing.

However, more information is needed to determine whether it is a follicular unit graft or a minigraft.

Be careful however, because SOME people do reference "micrografts" in the same way they would reference "minigrafts". As described above, this is not necessarily true.

Cheers,

Bill