Getting an HT at Shapiro in a couple of weeks

fortune

I have been reading these posts for over three months and after I was convinced it was the right time, I confirmed my decision. I talked to several doctors and finally decided to go for Dr. Shapiro in Minneapolis.

I am a Norwood 3 and need mostly hairline work in the front and on top.

Will keep the forum updated on my progress...

Thanks to everybody who has been posting and answering questions here - it has been a big help.

I have been reading these posts for over three months and after I was convinced it was the right time, I confirmed my decision. I talked to several doctors and finally decided to go for Dr. Shapiro in Minneapolis.

I am a Norwood 3 and need mostly hairline work in the front and on top.

Will keep the forum updated on my progress...

Thanks to everybody who has been posting and answering questions here - it has been a big help.

You made a great decision, you won't be disappointed!

------------------------------Transplant performed 02/18/2004 by Dr. Paul Rose of Shapiro Medical Group.

Good choice Fortune! The SMG is top notch, and you will be very well pleased in a short time. My HT by Dr Shapiro on 12/15/03, and things are popping up and growing, much to my delight!

I'm going to be there for mine on the 18th. 1st one and I'm getting nervous but still exicited about it. Are you having yours with Dr Shapiro or one of the other doctors there? Maybe I'll run into you. Good luck

Thanks - I expect to get good results as well - since i still have some hair on top though the scalp is visible in several places, for me the question was to wait till hair loss worsens or to maintain the current "look". I chose the latter as I believe a hair transplant should not be very obvious to the outside world. Dr. Shapiro was very helpful in answering my concerns in this regard.

An related question - Do you have any suggestions as to which type of "hat" to wear after surgery - are there special comfortable hats available or any generic baseball cap will do? Or is it necessary to wash it before wearing ?

I switched to a bandana after the first day.....the hat, even though it was loose, hurt my donor area. Loose hats look gay anyway. The bandana look can be made to look cool.

• 2 weeks later...