Looking for a Haircutter in NYC

I am looking for a real professional hair cutter here in NYC who has experience with guys with HTs. I spent most of the last decade buzzing my hair off, and now I have about half the density I need on top since my HT almost 2 years ago. I find I do not trust anyone to touch my head lest they screw it up, since it takes a while to grow back enough for the next barber to screw up. I now have a bit of a mop which looks good when compacted into a helmet with hair goop and my scalp is sprayed with Toppik. I am seeing Dr Feller this week for a consultation to finish the work (for now), but I am looking for recommendations for a hair person someone here trusts. I have spent too much on my head to rely on 'hit-or-miss', and frankly I am getting tired of spending so much time prepping my head for the day. Thanks in advance for your help guys. This Forum is invaluable to me.

I am looking for a real professional hair cutter here in NYC who has experience with guys with HTs. I spent most of the last decade buzzing my hair off, and now I have about half the density I need on top since my HT almost 2 years ago. I find I do not trust anyone to touch my head lest they screw it up, since it takes a while to grow back enough for the next barber to screw up. I now have a bit of a mop which looks good when compacted into a helmet with hair goop and my scalp is sprayed with Toppik. I am seeing Dr Feller this week for a consultation to finish the work (for now), but I am looking for recommendations for a hair person someone here trusts. I have spent too much on my head to rely on 'hit-or-miss', and frankly I am getting tired of spending so much time prepping my head for the day. Thanks in advance for your help guys. This Forum is invaluable to me.

Ringo,

Anyone can cut your hair without damaging transplanted hair. In my opinion, it's better to avoid hair cuts for the first month. The only thing I told my barber between the second and third month when the donor area was still tender, was to be careful with the clippers on the sides and back of my head. Other than that, don't be concerned that your barber will pull the transplanted hair out. They are deeply rooted just like your regular hair icon_smile.gif.

So the key isn't necessarily finding a barber who's experienced with hair transplants, but to find one who is experienced at creating an optimal hair style for you to maximize the appearance of density.

Best wishes,

Bill

I understand your issue with thick sides. How about asking dr. feller to do FUE on the sides? this way, your sides will be thinner.

I will probably go with this strategy after one or two strips HT.

I am not a doctor. The opinions and comments are of my own.

HT with Dr. Cooley on Nov 20, 2008

2097 grafts, 3957 hairs

Proscar, 1.25 mg daily, skip the 5th day, started Nov 2007

My Hair Loss Blog - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley