hair tranplantion

balu

Hi im from hyd...recently i went to a Dr in hyd...whose name is sajjan r aggarwal,who is a skin and cosmetic surgeon and hair transplant surgeon....he is using the latest FUT technique...by taking up the follicular units and implanting...in one sitting he said he can do upto 700 units which amounts to 1000 to 1200 hairs...and the cost is 40000...he said he charge per sittings..not depending on grafts...please advice me on this....as im trying to have my HT done...this feb....

Hi im from hyd...recently i went to a Dr in hyd...whose name is sajjan r aggarwal,who is a skin and cosmetic surgeon and hair transplant surgeon....he is using the latest FUT technique...by taking up the follicular units and implanting...in one sitting he said he can do upto 700 units which amounts to 1000 to 1200 hairs...and the cost is 40000...he said he charge per sittings..not depending on grafts...please advice me on this....as im trying to have my HT done...this feb....

balu,

Welcome to our hair restoration community forum.

You have come to the right place to begin your research.

I am not familiar with your surgeon nor am I familiar with the exchange rate, but if you are correct about the price, then the price per graft is averaging $57 which in America and Canada would be outrageously high.

The average cost per follicular unit graft in America and Canada is about $4 or $5 and often discounted for larger sessions. For FUE, it can be as high as $10-$12 per graft.

Keep in mind that 700 grafts will do very little depending on your level of hair loss. I encourage you to spend some time researching hair transplantation so you can make an informed decision before taking the plunge.

Best wishes,

Bill

transplant_dude,

Thanks for sharing the exchange rate. Now the price sounds a lot better.

Balu,

Be sure to research all hair transplant physicians you are considering. Talk to and meet with hair transplant patients if possible. At the very least, look for consistency in patient before/after photos.

Best wishes,

Bill

If that's close to Pakistan, I'd check out that doc that posts on here. I know if you're from India you might not want to go over there, but this is important stuff we're talking about here. icon_smile.gif

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

I ewent to jekyl in bangalore. subpar I now eat with my left foot. I at least would like my down payment ( daughter) back. He can keep the wife.

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

Hi all, i want to tell much more about this doctor...he said that i require 2 sessions....he said it will take him 7 hours to do HT. He also said that he has done 300+ HT ..which is Strip cutting....now he is doing FUT ..and he said he has done 7+ HT on this new technique FUT.....so im planning go for it....he is a famous skin specilist in hyd...plz advice me on this..

I have no reference point as dr.jekyl uses natural cluster gravs. An exteme value as there are several in each clump. He also told me that this ultra refined stuff is a marketing tool. Even my friends are saying stuff like. That is no shipyard accident and what happened something is different? I just keep it to myself and smirk.

A hair on the head is worth two on the brush.

I don't work for commision.. I bust e'm for free. Thank me later.

balu,

My advice is to spend time researching your surgeon by using the find feature of our community. Talk to previous patients of his, view their photos, and if possible, meet with them in person to see how natural their hair transplant looks.

In my opinion, a seeking hair transplant patient should never walk into surgery with blind trust but should be educated and comfortable with their decision, KNOWING that they are in good hands.

That's why at the Hair Transplant Network, we pre-screen surgeons and only recommend those who meet our high level of standards. To see a list of all that we recommend, click here.

By the way, the surgeon that Dewayne is referring to is Dr. Mohmand from Pakistan who is also recommended on our online hair transplant community. Be sure to check out his recent galleries in the "hair transplant patient photo albums" forum.

A follicular unit graft (as performed in FUT) contains 1, 2, 3, or 4 hairs, as they occur naturally in the scalp. Minigrafts contain 4 to 8 hairs and when used exclusively can create a "pluggy" and unnatural look.

I hope this helps.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

I don't post out here much. Usually just read the posts and look for doctor reviews and patient pics

I have however noticed, as I read through the forum, that Aquarius is completely insane. (I mean that in the most complimentary manner!)

This is the funniest thing I have ever read on any forum.

Posted February 07, 2008 03:18 PM

"I ewent to jekyl in bangalore. subpar I now eat with my left foot. I at least would like my down payment ( daughter) back. He can keep the wife."

Every time I read this, I just can't stop laughing.

Aquarius, please keep up the good work.