recommended doctor still practicing MICRO HT technique???

i couldn't help but notice that a particular doctor in this community is still practicing mini/micro HT technique.

is this fair to other doctors?

is this good for our (future potential patient's) overall well being?

press 1 for "YES"

press 2 for "NO"

my vote is 2!

Mr. GQ,

Micrografts are simply 1 to 2 hair grafts - not the same as minigrafts.

All surgeons recommended by this community use mostly or all follicular unit grafts. There are still a number of surgeons utilizing some multi unit grafts (MUGs) in some patients, also known as multi folicular units (MFUs). This includes world's leading surgeons Dr. Ron and Paul Shapiro and Dr. Michael Beehner. These MUGs are similar to the old minigrafts however, they are much more refined and used intermittently between true follicular units.

The belief is that using them in between follicular units may help aid the illusion of hair density. Other leading surgeons however, dismiss this notion and use all follicular units.

You can see more on this topic by visiting Highlights of the Annual 2008 ISHRS Scientific Meeting in Montreal. Scroll down to the "All Follicular Units Verses Mixed Grafts" section of the summary.

Feel free to be a bit more specific so your concerns can be addressed.

Best wishes,

Bill

i was always associating micro and mini as one and the same kind of HT technique, the kind that died off by the end of 90s. those terms mini grafting and micro grafting were used hand in hand back then. i also see them used these days but only when someone is talking about a failed HT or a failed HT referring back to that gloomy period of time.

so if "micro" is same as "ultra refined follicular unit transplantation" which is the new "gold standard", then i'm wrong and i'll admit that somehow i mixed up some wires along my HT research path.

although i'll be perfectly honest and take this opportunity to say that result from this particular doctor that i was referring to looks nothing short of those results that we used to see from Bosley and other sub par clinics when these words minis and micros were being thrown around a lot.

thanks for clarification Bill!