Why would the graft grow?

Let's assume we are taking about Male Pattern Baldness...

Hair transplants rely on the concept on "donor dominance". The hair on the back of the scalp (the donor area) is genetically programmed to grow forever. On the other hand, the hairs on top can be genetically susceptible to the causes of hair loss.

When you relocate genetically resilient hair to areas of balding, the hair will remain resilient.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

New Visitor,

Welcome to our community.

Hair follicles are genetically programmed.

For those suffering from hereditary hair loss, many hair follicles are susceptible to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) - the hormone responsible for genetic hair loss of hairs genetically predisposed.

When these hair follicles are taken from the sides and back of the head (the donor area) and are transplanted to the balding areas (recipient areas) - they grow because they are not genetically predisposed to the effects of DHT. This is called donor dominance.

I hope this helps.

Bill

It is a beautiful they do. I know it seems impossible but it is truly an amazing transformation

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Yeah, it's pretty simple. Some hairs are genetically resistant to DHT, some are not. You move the good ones around to cover the area the bad ones fell out from.

The way meds like Propecia/Proscar work, btw, is not by changing your hair but by inhibiting DHT so that the bad ones don't get "attacked" by it. Also the reason they'll fall back out if you stop inhibiting DHT with the meds.

Yes NV. It is the seeds, not the soil.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.