Dr. Jerry Wong/5,172 grafts

Most doctors that viewed my pre-op pics were not very encouraging regarding the number of grafts they thought were possible. I was classified as Norwood 7 (very little doner hair available). Most docs would be surprised to get 3000 grafts. After viewing my pictures Dr. Wong quoted me 3000 grafts. When I saw him on the day of surgery he said that he could get more grafts because of my skin laxity and my dense doner hair. The final count: 5,172 grafts!! See my pics in the photo gallery.

Awesome! Good thing that you were able to get over 5k grafts, 3k would not have given you a sufficient result and you would have required a 2nd pass. 5k Should keep you well 'stuffed', gl happy growth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

11/04-07 - 800-1600 ish grafts - danish clinic - poor results

12/02-08 - 2764 grafts - Dr. Devroye - good result but needs hairline density

03/12-10 - 1429 grafts - Dr. Mohmand - result pending

Feel free to visit my picture thread

My Hair Transplant Photos - Surgery with Dr. Devroye

Young lads below 25 unite!

Delcolorado,

Congratulations on your HT with Dr Wong. A great Dr undoubtedly. Such a positive graft count must have been a great suprise for you. Were you quite specific regarding scalp excercises pre op? So, with the feedback from other Dr's regarding your limited donor hair, do we assume that this one procedure is just that, or is there enthusiasm regarding the opportunity of subsequent procedures?

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Nice! I agree w/ MikeTheDane, a 3k graft procedure, most likely wouldn't have given you enough coverage. Even w/ 5k grafts, I wouldn't expect much density, but hopefully a cosmetically pleasing, natural-looking coverage. Please keep up updated on your progress! Because of your advance NW level, will you be taking propecia/fin, or will you not be taking the meds?

Delcolorado,

Thanks for sharing your experience! You must be very excited to see how things will develop.

Like Ja-Man I'm curious about your plans to start meds. Have you discussed this with Dr. Wong? What is his opinion?

Please keep us posted on your progress!

TTP

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website