Shock loss in previously transplanted hair?

With a 2nd or 3rd HT, is it possible to experience shock loss in the previously transplanted hairs? I don't know if I'm being hypersensitive or looking in the mirror too much, but it seems like my hair is a bit more thin now than before. I'm only 18 days post-HT #3.

If this kind of shock loss does occur, when would it likely happen and is it more likely to be temporary being that these hairs are genetically predisposed not to fall out?

Thanks,

Miles

With a 2nd or 3rd HT, is it possible to experience shock loss in the previously transplanted hairs? I don't know if I'm being hypersensitive or looking in the mirror too much, but it seems like my hair is a bit more thin now than before. I'm only 18 days post-HT #3.

If this kind of shock loss does occur, when would it likely happen and is it more likely to be temporary being that these hairs are genetically predisposed not to fall out?

Thanks,

Miles

Miles,

Yes unfortunately the previously transplanted hairs are subject to shockloss but the good news is that it is temporary and they WILL grow back.

I believe that because your last HT was more for density, the grafts were more spread out and larger incisions were used, it is likely why you are experiencing shock.

That certainly sucks but hang in their as when they all come back it will be quite hairy.

NN

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Hi Miles,

Not to worry. I had two small HT's with Bosley (400 in 1995 and 488 in 2000) and had fairly extensive shock loss from my HT (for more density) on January 30, 2007. I can confirm NN wise words - it does come back!

The next while might be tough. When you have existing hair and are going for density, the "step back" for the first while can be a real jolt. Hang in, this will turn around.

If you want, take a look at my pics in the Album section. I will be posting my 4 month pics in the next couple of days, and things are on the upswing.

Keep the faith

Bayer

Good advice everyone..........yes, you can get prior HT hair shocked out but it comes back. Mine did and it came in around 2 months or a little more.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.