How does water effect Hair health?

I would like to get an opinion on something that's always been an enigma to me and something I've never heard anyone else talk about. Medical or other opinions are welcome.

Basically, I notice my hair deteriorates when I spend time in Montreal, Canada yet gets stronger (thicker, less wispy and more healthy looking) when I'm in the Mediterranean region. Its no illusion, the difference is substantial. I think I've narrowed it down either the sun or the water. I doubt the sun would have that much of an effect, although I believe that certain vitamins are created when skin is exposed to sunlight.

I think it comes down to the water type/quality. I heard that in the Mediterranean area where I frequent, the water has some chlorine and is unsoftened. I am not sure about the water in Montreal.

Does anyone know why this is? It is going to affect my decision regarding a HT. Thanks!

Max

I would like to get an opinion on something that's always been an enigma to me and something I've never heard anyone else talk about. Medical or other opinions are welcome.

Basically, I notice my hair deteriorates when I spend time in Montreal, Canada yet gets stronger (thicker, less wispy and more healthy looking) when I'm in the Mediterranean region. Its no illusion, the difference is substantial. I think I've narrowed it down either the sun or the water. I doubt the sun would have that much of an effect, although I believe that certain vitamins are created when skin is exposed to sunlight.

I think it comes down to the water type/quality. I heard that in the Mediterranean area where I frequent, the water has some chlorine and is unsoftened. I am not sure about the water in Montreal.

Does anyone know why this is? It is going to affect my decision regarding a HT. Thanks!

Max