Hairline work with Dr Umar

Heliboy

Hi all-

I returned yesterday from a trip out to California where Dr Umar placed 1600 leg hair grafts into my hairline to square up my face a bit more and work to lessen side/temporal recession. Dr Umar felt that leg hair was most appropriate for this work so hair was taken from the front and back sides . Dr Umar has given my previous visits so much effort into simply fixing the scars /botched work from years past that on this trip it felt a great relief to work on nothing but perfecting the hairline and nothing more . A great feeling to finally be able to move away from feeling so much like I was 'repairing myself' and moving on to adding finishing touches to the areas that we have avoided due to time needed for extensive repair work .

Heliboy,

Got any pics of the work? I'd like to take a look at the work as I don't remember seeing Dr. Umar's work before.

Why did Dr. Umar feel that leg hair was more appropriate for this? Is it proven that leg hair isn't susceptible to male-pattern-baldness?

I'm curious, thanks!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Hairbank,

This was actually my 5th trip to Dr Umar over the past 1 year since Sept 2005. I was left with extensive scarring from strip surgeries over many years and poor yield on a Norwood 6 area so body hair transplants were my only option/hope .

Due to scalp donor depletion Dr Umar has used all body hair in my work . Leg hair was chosen as the best option for my hairline due to its characteristics versus other body hair. My chest abdomen hair is much to thick for total hairline work and my arm hair is much too fine . The leg hair offered the best of both worlds. The choice of body hair for hairline selection is variable between patients but in most cases leg hair provides a good caliber/thickness and a good blend . I previously had 1000 leg/chest hair in my hairline 1 year ago but I wanted to further refine my hairline break it up with peaks. I have seen this same hairline design grown out on one of Dr Umar's patients that used leg hair and I felt it would work well for me .As you know the vision of the performing M.D is crucial in all cases and especially in the use of body hair. They must be able to see how the characteristic of the body hair (curly/straight/thick) etc will play out when growth begins.

I have found in my case that body hair provides a very natural blend for the hairline /temporal areas . This option can be especially important for those who have scalp donor depletion and want further refinement in their hairlines .

If the attachment pics do not turn out well (too large) you can also see my recent pics on my personal blog:

www.myhairtransformation.com

HAIRLINE.jpg.350a8a463f5d8516427ced10ba535772.jpg

Heliboy,

I went to your site...........that's one AMAZING transformation. I can't imagine you to be anything other than ecstatic with your results, eh? icon_cool.gif

Thanks so much for your post and sharing your story. Try and come back to post your update if you can when it starts coming in.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.