healing

Hi Again,

I posted a few days ago and would like to give an update. I'm on day 12, had my stitches out yesterday by another Dr. being that my surgeon is over 300 miles away,(He was really impressed by the work because he stated that my transplant Dr. really knew what he was doing), and basically, all of my scabs have fallen off. As I noted on 7/27, the hair is still fairly thick on the right side of my scalp, thinner on the left side,(I still have somewhat of a natural mohawk in the middle), but the work on the temple areas and sides seems to be already healing. What I mean is that the scabs and hair started falling out around days 5 or 6 and it looks almost like no procedure was done there except a little redness. Also, the single hairs on the frontal hairline seemed to have fallen off around that time, too. I know that everyone heals differently and I followed all the post op instructions, but I'm wondering if I damaged the temple area somehow. Otherwise things are healing fine. Thanks for any input icon_smile.gif

Hi Again,

I posted a few days ago and would like to give an update. I'm on day 12, had my stitches out yesterday by another Dr. being that my surgeon is over 300 miles away,(He was really impressed by the work because he stated that my transplant Dr. really knew what he was doing), and basically, all of my scabs have fallen off. As I noted on 7/27, the hair is still fairly thick on the right side of my scalp, thinner on the left side,(I still have somewhat of a natural mohawk in the middle), but the work on the temple areas and sides seems to be already healing. What I mean is that the scabs and hair started falling out around days 5 or 6 and it looks almost like no procedure was done there except a little redness. Also, the single hairs on the frontal hairline seemed to have fallen off around that time, too. I know that everyone heals differently and I followed all the post op instructions, but I'm wondering if I damaged the temple area somehow. Otherwise things are healing fine. Thanks for any input icon_smile.gif

Its very natural to worry about losing grafts in the first few days...but there's no need to, you're doing great. Its completely normal to be losing the transplanted hairs. In fact the quicker they go, the sooner they'll be back!

Grow well!

- badger

3279 grafts with Dr Gabel - 06/12/08

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Gabel