Generic Propecia/Finasteride

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has checked out generic4u.com. I found 90 1mg finasteride pills for $99. I actually ordered them and they did arrive. I've been using them for two months now which I know is too early to tell if they're working but I'm just a little concerned that they might be something other than finasteride because of the unusually low price. Has anyone else come across this? Can anyone recommend somewhere that I could have them tested to see if I'm actually getting finasteride?

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone has checked out generic4u.com. I found 90 1mg finasteride pills for $99. I actually ordered them and they did arrive. I've been using them for two months now which I know is too early to tell if they're working but I'm just a little concerned that they might be something other than finasteride because of the unusually low price. Has anyone else come across this? Can anyone recommend somewhere that I could have them tested to see if I'm actually getting finasteride?

You could hire a local lab to test them, but you might end up paying more than it would cost just to buy Propecia outright after you pay for the testing.

I used to work for a vitamin manufacturer several years ago. We tested several of our competitor's products and found they didn't include the dosages of the labels they said they did. The bigger the company, the more likely they are to be accurate because they have a brand to protect. The longer they've been around and the bigger they are the more likely you can trust them because they are more subject to scrutiny. Good companies send their products off to independent labs for testing voluntarily. Your hair is worth a lot of money. I wouldn't risk my hair just to save a few bucks.

There is a company called ConsumerLab.com that tests vitamins and supplements. The founder hired a former FDA chemist and they now test and certify vitamins and supplements. They are completely independent and make their money from user fees. You might be able to see if they can recommend a good lab or if they're willing to test your product.

I just did a who is lookup on this company:

http://www.networksolutions.com/en_US/whois/results.jhtml;jsessionid=Q5IK33C3CGANWCWLEALSFEQ?_requestid=922624

they opened only 6 months ago, but haven't disclosed their information in the whois. That seriously concerns me.

PeterMac@dhi.gr

[This message was edited by Peter Mac on November 22, 2003 at 06:00 AM.]

I am an independent hair transplant surgical consultant and hair loss researcher. Any opinions I have posted are my own. I am working on a few hair loss/transplant projects and will be making some announcements concerning them in the near future.

Hey,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I will definitely think about getting them tested or just changing over to regular propecia. Another strange thing is that they do not require a prescription. That probably should have been a pretty good indication right there. Anyway, thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Dorian

Hey,

I buy mine on 4cornerspharmacy.com. They sell finpecia, a generic version of propecia, for $50 per 90 pills. They are made by an Indian firm called Cipla. Through research and testimonials, they seem like the reel deal and I'm happy with the results so far. Good luck.