propecia vs proscar

ballplayer19

hi site i am currently on propecia,but i have been thinking of switching to proscar becuase it is so much cheaper than propecia,but currently i am noticing some side effects with propecia so i am wondering if should expect similiar or worse side effects with proscar.

And does give you the same results as propecia.

hi site i am currently on propecia,but i have been thinking of switching to proscar becuase it is so much cheaper than propecia,but currently i am noticing some side effects with propecia so i am wondering if should expect similiar or worse side effects with proscar.

And does give you the same results as propecia.

Propecia and Proscar are the same drug, only different doseages. Whereas you take a 1 mg pill of Propecia daily, you split a Proscar pill into 1/4ths for a 1.25 mg/day dose. The .25 mg extra is negligible and should not cause much, if any, difference.

If you are experiencing side effects from Propecia, there should be no change from switching to Proscar. It is the same medication.

Now, many users experiences mild side effects for a short time after first starting Propecia or Proscar and the effects diminish after a while. This is fairly common and may be what you are experiencing. If you are truly concerned, however, dont hesitate to see a doctor.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by Forum Moderator and Satisfied Patient:

It is the same medication.

Yes, provided you take the REAL stuff and not some cheap equivalent. Beware of indian- and south-american-made Proscars.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day