Is this for real?

Hi,

I stumbled across a website while searching for 'Hair Multiplication'. While it isn't what I was originally searching for (which was Intercytex's Hair Multiplication/Cloning technique, that is currently being developed) - I found something else, also called 'Hair Multiplication'.

Here is what the website said:

<Company Name>, the longest-established plastic surgery 'holiday' company in the UK, is offering a new breakthrough treatment for men who, like Elton John, are suffering male pattern baldness - Hair transplant. It involves multiplying your own hair follicles and it even applies to balding women too!

The unique treatment, called Hair transplant - Follicular Hair Multiplication (FHM) technique, was developed in the Netherlands. It works by multiplying living hair follicles and transplanting them, without scarring, into the scalp. It's being taken up so rapidly that FHM is set to shortly become the No.1 cosmetic surgical procedure for men.

Scar free hair transplant

With normal hair follicle transplant technology you lose the hair you possess in your 'good' area to replace hair in your bald area. The new Hair transplant system, by contrast, is a real breakthrough. It involves taking a small portion of tissue from a growing hair follicle.

There are two areas in the hair follicle that contain stem cells and both of these can promote hair growth. If a small part of the hair follicle is left behind in the donor area, a new hair can grow from it and the part that has been removed will also produce hair if replanted in the recipient area.

One hair follicle can therefore produce two or more hairs. Thus the fundamental difference from this and traditional hair transplant, is that you can have as much hair as you want-or are prepared to pay for. Instead of desperately attempting to redistribute perhaps the little you have left, by hair transplanting, you can with this technique, add as much as you want.

In the hair transplant procedure, part follicles are taken from areas of the body immune to the effects of the male sex hormones (androgens) which are responsible for male pattern baldness - in other words from areas where men, or women, don't go bald. The part follicular cells are then carefully implanted, follicle by follicle, into the bald areas, leaving no visible scarring. Result? A full head of natural hair growing where you thought you'd lost it forever.

The Hair Multiplication Procedure is achieved by:

(Hey guys, check out the attached image)

What do you think?

Too good to be true?

HairMultiplicationProcedure.JPG.3d9f2671b8c56e0f75d5a8b6d87d49a2.JPG

outthere,

From what I understand, josh-b is partially correct.

It is basically the same as follicular unit extraction however, I believe they only extract PART of the hair follicle, leaving part of it behind.

The theory is, if done correctly, that the hair will then grow from BOTH places!

However, I would approach this with EXTREME skepticism. If this indeed was a surefire procedure, I suspect that everybody would be undergoing this procedure as it would be the new and hottest rave!

Bill

Hmmm. It kinda sucks to have tantalizing, but unrealistic, stuff like this dangled in our faces like a t-bone steak to a dog. But, it does sound interesting in theory, so perhaps something will come of it and we can all get Elvis hair!

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!

Hi Than

You should be used to that by now.

icon_mad.gifAll of these companies with their "guaranteed" claims.. As they say, if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!