Systems, to do or not

mikeshair

OK.....Just found this sight and hope someone can help me.

I've been shaving my head for 12 years or so. I am tired of it and have no self esteam or confidence left. I have research HT for the past 3 years. Know the approx cost, the risks of shock and the new not even taking...all to consider. Now I'm looking into the systems. Now I'm really confused on which way to go. My concerns with HT is how long can I grow the hair. Will pull it self out if grown too long. With the systems i've seen, some of the different companies have systems that are somewhat long already. While the results are instant and I could manage the maintenance, I still worry about shampooing, swimming, working out and good old SWEAT. I attached a pic of my head in hopes someone can best advise me. I will not hold anyone to the coals. I'm just starting to get confused from being over assessing. The sides and back are nice and thick. PLEASE HELP.

Top.jpg.591be34526ee48487f6318636108f75e.jpg

Hello Mike,

Welcome to the forum, You have come to the right place.

OK, let me first say that I have never worn a system or even considered one as I feel they would be noticed by friends and family. I think they can really look great some of the time, but with wear and as your hair from underneath grows things start to look noticeable.

Having said that, if someone is extensively bald (norwood 7) it is the best option for them. You are not in that situation and hopefully will not progress too much further.

A few more pics of the sides and back will help the forum with recommendations on HT. From what I can tell you would probably be a good candidate if your sides and back are thick as you say. A few more questions for you would be:

Age?

Has your hairloss stabilized?

Are you on finasteride?

Family hairloss history?

As far as how long your tranplanted hair can grow, it is no different than your current hair so grow as you like, it will not fall out.

I would advise you not to jump into either until you read more from what the veterans on the forum have to say about each solution, personally I chose the HT route since it is permanent, natural hair, even though it will never be as thick as I would like.

Good luck!

NoBuzz

nobuzz4me,

I appreciate your advice and will take more time to consider iether option. I would rather go the HT route as you said, it's perminant. I'll put more pics up asap. Hair loos in my family is on my mothers side. Mybrother has been balding since he was 17. I am not on any meds right now. My hair loss seems to have stablized.

Weve had this great discusion before with all the others. Ive worn a piece and I would say dont get one unless you have no other option. Most of us that have worn one go the HT route down the road anyway.It will be noticeable(hairpiece) at some point to someone, and if that would bother you, dont get one. If you dont care that people might find out then its a good option.

• 2 months later...

It seems, from reading these forums. that most folks who had a HT heartily recommend them (including myself, heh) while most folks who get systems don't recommend the experience.

Make of it what you will icon_smile.gif