Just Had HT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am taking propecia and my doc wants me spraying rogaine twice a day for 1 full year-only 11 mor emonths-ha ha. I am planning to complile a full set of pics when my hair grows in-then i'll post before-and afters all at once.

Sac-to answer your question-and it is a very good one-before the surgery I was told by many people who had HT's that they went right back to work or school and just wore a baseball cap. Fortunately for me I took the summer off from work and was just taking summer courses. Very fortunately my last class which started the week I had my HT was a web course-totally online. I don't know how I could have gone anywhere-school or work after having my HT. Two days post HT as my doc warned me my face totally swelled big time. I was also in alot of pain. My doc only gave me 10 percocets which only lasted me 2 days (I have a very high tolerance to pain meds because of a previous knee ingury). I ended up going ot the hospital to get a perscription. I walked in-they saw the 30 staples in my head and basically wrote what I told them to write-thank god. Once I got that I was fine. Also-my doc told me NOT to wear a baseball cap for 2 weeks-he said the pressure and the risk of pulling out implanted hairs when removing a cap was to risky. So I basically stayed in. I told everybody I was staying at a friends beach house for 2 weeks and wouldn't be around.

It's not a big or horrible process-in fact-it was easier than I thought but would have been horrible if I had to go sit in an actual class-office or if I wasn't able to get a perscription for more pain meds.

Ken... have you given much thought to how you are going to explain it to people that you now have hair.

That is kind of a weird senario. I'm in the same spot. How do I explain it.

And, I'm with you. No sense in posting pics until you have something to show for it.

If woman don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy -Steve Smith 'The Red Green Show'

Well I wasn't bald-just had a thinning hairline. The temple areas were thinning out but I would style it to hide it as best as I could. I don't think it will be a drastic difference, I may look a little different but I don't think people will be able to pinpoint what it is. That is assumming it all grows in where it is supposed to! Fingers crossed.

Originally posted by KenEastCoast:

Well I wasn't bald-just had a thinning hairline. The temple areas were thinning out but I would style it to hide it as best as I could. I don't think it will be a drastic difference, I may look a little different but I don't think people will be able to pinpoint what it is. That is assumming it all grows in where it is supposed to! Fingers crossed.

This is pretty much the way it is. The regrowth is subtle enough to where *most* people won't be able to pinpoint what it is about a surgical hair restoration procedure patient that has changed. Yes, a "before/after" 1 year comparison photo shot can be very dramatic, but to those that see you every day the change will be muted by time.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog