NEW AND GOING CRAZY WITH ANXIETY

I think both of the docs that you mentioned have very good reputations. I think Dr. Rose is in Florida also, and has a very good reputation as well. Why not have a consutation with all of them and see what they say?

DannyG,

Dr. Epstein, Dr. Charles, and Dr. Rose all have great reputations. You would be in good hands with any of them. Dr. Rose is in Tampa, whereas Dr. Epstein and Dr. Charles are in South Florida.

BTW, the website for Dr. Charles is charleshair.com, not the website you have listed next to his name. Dr. Epstein's website is foundhair.com.

GuitarPlayer

I know how you feel and if you are anything like me you will *never* be happy with the Hair club (toupee) as every month you will be reminded how bald you really are (as you have to take it off and have it 'tightened') and every day you will be nervous about someone noticing (and they will).

Hair Transplants are definitely the way to go. The link you provided is not the place to go, though (they don't do FU; only M&M Grafts).

Dr. Epstein and Charles are very good (based on everything I've seen on this forum) so you should be in very good hands.

1662 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Spring 2006

1105 with Dr. Ron Shapiro - Fall 2009

M&M Weblog

I am leaning towards dr epstein from day one bc of everything that i read here and from his website. Does anybody have an idea how much he charges per graft. Just an estimate would be good, since on his website he wrote FUE is more expensive. I have read up but stil not clear on the difference btw M&M and FU. I thank everybody here who has helped me

By "m&m" grafts , I guess you mean micro & mini grafts?

FU= Follicular Unit. (1 -3 hairs/graft)

It is the standard of hair transplantation. The units are taken from your scalp and transplanted back the same way they were taken.

When people talk about about micro grafting, they usually mean that the techs are not using microscopic dissection, so the grafts are not trimmed as well and I would think you'd probably have more wasted grafts.

Mini grafts are definitely old school and bad news. I don't know exactly how many hairs are considered to make a mini graft but it is basically a plug. (maybe 5-10) Smaller than the even older large plugs, but still very pluggy looking. You don't want these either.

Stay with FU and nothing else!

dannyg,

To my knowledge, the only person posting here employed by a HT surgeon is Jotronic.......and he states this clearly by attaching it to each signature. I suppose it's possible that others who post once in awhile but I doubt it. You can review a specific poster's history and judge for yourself - you may want to pay attention to the number of posts they have as there are many veteran posters who provide a wealth of information. Usually, any covert posters with an agenda (there haven't been too many) are quickly weeded out and banned from the site.

Another thing............if you search past threads long enough, you'll find controversial threads on different doc's. I would guess the reason you don't see an excessive amount of negatives about Coalition/HTN supported doc's is that Pat (owner of the HTN site) does his homework before recommending them and they are under constant scrutiny going forward. As a matter of fact, to my knowledge one of the doc's recommended by HTN was removed this week due to various issues regarding poor results from the patients HT.

All in all, I believe the site's integrity to be very high and the majority of the posters to be honest about their views on personal HT experiences or information obtained through research.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

• Administrators

Dannyg,

Welcome to our community. Given your past research I'd imagine you've considered Propecia. You sound like an excellent candidate for taking it. It could potentially stop your hair loss and hopefully a good deal of the anxiety that comes with the feeling of being on the wrong side of a loosing battle. It may also save you from ever wearing a hair system.

I wore one years ago before my transplants and I certainly don't miss it.

The surgeons you are consulting with are very top notch in my opinion. I suggest you use the "Find" feature on this forum and enter each doctor's name to search for past posts about them.

As for covert posters and keeping this forum credible, this has really become a real concern. A few physicians/clinics in particular came to realize just how influential the forums could be and did try to manipulate them to gain patients. This forum has taken a hard line against such manipulation and as publisher I will not present any physicians or clinics on this community who are caught doing this.

Some physicians have been very successful on other hair loss forums in building up big names online by manipulating and seeding posts. However, they are not allowed to do so on this forum and they certainly are not recommended on our community.

I find such covert manipulations to be a direct assault on the integrity of this forum. I know this concern is shared by the regulars on this forum who are strong believers in keeping this forum credible.

Therefore with the help of the regulars I think we do a good job of identifying such abusers and weeding them out.

Best wishes for achieving the look you want.

Pat

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.