1,800 grafts with Dr. Cooley on 7/20

BIG A

Congradulations on the HT, I had 1500 with Dr. Cooley on 2-8-06 and he is a great doctor and person. I started noticing growth about the 4 month mark although not too much but now I'm starting to see alot of growth. They say around month 7 or 8 is when you really start noticing it and man does time fly.I don't know if your using minoxidil but if you go to minoxidil.com and get some from dr. Lee, it's not as messy. I use the standard xandrox he offers b/c it is supposed to help with battle the DHT. Good Luck!

Thanks daytrader! So overall you're pleased with the results from your ht with Dr. Cooley? What bald class were you in? Did you get a chance to view my blog? I guess my biggest concern before (and after) has been will it look natural and will the overall results be such that I don't need to get another ht. Thanks for the post and I look forward to hearing back from you!

Currently, right now I'm only using Propecia. I cannot stand the smell or mess of minoxidil and using Propecia for the past couple of months has really made me feel better...it's probably too early to tell but I already feel like it's working! Comments anyone??

yes I'm pleased so far with the results. Of course I won't know the full affect until about month 12 or so. But it's already made a difference. I'll try to post a pic from the day of the surgery. I'm not sure about what class, but I would say a 2 or 3. It looks like your front should be fine once the HT grows in. I could tell alot about the top. Dr. Cooley is great so it will look natural. When I go back in Dec to let Dr. Cooley see the results I might check and see what he thinks about working on the crown and middle a little. At my first consult he only recommended the frontal area. I can use a little dermMatch on the spot in the back and it looks fine. As far as the propecia it starts working immediately but you need to give it a year to fully judge it. But it is very good at keeping what hair you have so I would stay on it. I've been on it for a little over 3 years and it's helped me. The minoxidil works good with the propecia, but if you haven't started I might would hold off b/c it is a lifetime commitment. I only use it once a day, before I go to bed so it's not really that bad. I hope this helps. My camera is broken but I'll try and get some updated pic posted.