Hairline design

Hey everyone. I have commented on this in the past and I just want to reiterate things as I truly feel it is something that is overlooked and there is not enough discussion about. The chosen height of the hairline is crucial in my opinion. Yes all of us would like to have the old high school hairline, but it is usually not a smart move. By going with a hairline that is just 1 cm higher can save several hundred or more precious grafts that will only allow for more density. In doing so, it will also negate any fears of being too low should you lose a lot of native hair in the future. You can always lower in future.

I would like to point out member NW5a as an example of a perfectly chosen hairline for his situation. It frames his face perfectly and allows for optimal density given his characteristics. See his results here: http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/content.asp?CopyID=1239&WebID=371

I fully understand that each and every situation is totally different and it is challenging to make a blanket statement about having a conservative hairline, but I truly believe it best to error on it being higher.

Just me rambling again and hopefully educating some newbies.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Hey everyone. I have commented on this in the past and I just want to reiterate things as I truly feel it is something that is overlooked and there is not enough discussion about. The chosen height of the hairline is crucial in my opinion. Yes all of us would like to have the old high school hairline, but it is usually not a smart move. By going with a hairline that is just 1 cm higher can save several hundred or more precious grafts that will only allow for more density. In doing so, it will also negate any fears of being too low should you lose a lot of native hair in the future. You can always lower in future.

I would like to point out member NW5a as an example of a perfectly chosen hairline for his situation. It frames his face perfectly and allows for optimal density given his characteristics. See his results here: http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/content.asp?CopyID=1239&WebID=371

I fully understand that each and every situation is totally different and it is challenging to make a blanket statement about having a conservative hairline, but I truly believe it best to error on it being higher.

Just me rambling again and hopefully educating some newbies.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Good point Nelly

My doc actually requested a couple photo's of me when I had hair to benchmark accordingly. I have heard people say docs can "see" where your hairline used to be but to see the shape and height is priceless in my opinion.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!