A few questions.

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I'm a 28 year old guy and I've been taking finasteride for over 6 months now. However, unfortunately I haven't really seen any improvement to date.

Recently I've started to experience some side effects. The main one is major dryness of facial skin. I continue to shed a lot of skin despite the fact I've been moisturizing heavily. If my skin continues to dry up like this, I'm concered that I'll develop wrinkles at a swift pace.

The skin behind my eyebrows has also becoming really dry and has been shedding - it looks like I've dandruff on my eyebrows.

Another side effect is that while I can still get an erection, they are not quite as hard as they used to be.

Are these side effects normal?

I'm seriously considering stopping the drug but then the realisation that I'll be bald hits in. I'm not quite sure what to do.

I'd be grateful if you can answer my questions. Thanks for your help!

Sam

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum. I'm a 28 year old guy and I've been taking finasteride for over 6 months now. However, unfortunately I haven't really seen any improvement to date.

Recently I've started to experience some side effects. The main one is major dryness of facial skin. I continue to shed a lot of skin despite the fact I've been moisturizing heavily. If my skin continues to dry up like this, I'm concered that I'll develop wrinkles at a swift pace.

The skin behind my eyebrows has also becoming really dry and has been shedding - it looks like I've dandruff on my eyebrows.

Another side effect is that while I can still get an erection, they are not quite as hard as they used to be.

Are these side effects normal?

I'm seriously considering stopping the drug but then the realisation that I'll be bald hits in. I'm not quite sure what to do.

I'd be grateful if you can answer my questions. Thanks for your help!

Sam

• 3 months later...

Worse than dry skin Sam. Some people are losing fats around their eyes and getting wrinkles. I looked like I aged 5 years in the 13 days I took Finasteride. Eye sockets hollow, cheeks sunken, deeper wrinkles from nose to mouth. I stopped on day 13 and wish I never took it. If you have very slight ED symptoms on top of the wrinkling, I would RUN away from Finasteride.. this cure for baldness is like fixing a watch with a hammer; too many weird endocrine side effects.

Can we get some further discussion on this topic as Im sure it affects everyone who has had a Hair Transplant.

Every HT Doc I have spoken to has recommended that propecia be taken after HT. What happens if you do start seeing side effects like the ones Sam K has described?

I think everyone is kind of turning a blind eye and we don't realise how dangerous propecia is. Just my opinion...

Its a life long commitment to the drug.

Many people taking it have had a lot of side effects.

No one knows if it actually does anything.

Cant take it if wife or girlfriend is considering having a baby because it MAY cause birth defects.

ETC ETC ETC.

Any docs out there handle this matter. I think its a very valid question.