Trichotillomania

I am thirteen years old, and I have trichotillomania. It began when I started to pull the hair on my head, that led to my eyelashes, than the eyebrows. I would like to know if hair restoration is available for the eyebrows and eyelashes?

Any other information you may have on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

I am thirteen years old, and I have trichotillomania. It began when I started to pull the hair on my head, that led to my eyelashes, than the eyebrows. I would like to know if hair restoration is available for the eyebrows and eyelashes?

Any other information you may have on this topic would be greatly appreciated.

I doubt that eyelashes can be transplanted. Bald spots on the head and may be improved, and I have heard of tranplants of eyebrows, but you would need evaluation by a surgeon. Much would depend on the extent of your hairloss. Are you sure that the hairloss is permanent? The trauma of hair pulling might take many months to recover from naturally.

No responsible surgeon would perform surgery on you unless your symptoms are well controlled for an extended period of time. How long have you had the disorder? What treatments have you had? How well are your symptoms controlled?

Paul

I've heard of transplanting hairs to the eyebrows and the eyelashes. One of the guys at DHI did eyelashes at their recent seminar. I read a brief report about the seminar.

It is likely that other doctors have done eyelashes as well, because it didn't mention this was a "world's first" by DHI in the report.

Eyelashes and eyebrows are not something I would trust to the average doctor, though. I think it would take some extra skill and an especially good doctor.

MiszMex, where are you located approximately?